Thread: Isolated Rubber Fan Mounts

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Post Isolated Rubber Fan Mounts

Hi! I'm trying to find a good place to find Isolated rubber fan mounts since I'm about to buy four 120mm for my case. I'd like to know where I can find them and which ones are good. Thanks in advanced.

ibjsb4 is offline Ubuntu addict and loving it
    Beans

Re: Isolated Rubber Fan Mounts

I have a IBM server that has 6 fans (not counting the power supplies) and have found for home use that I can run on three. Why do you think its necessary to install 4? That will probably create a uncomfortable amount of noise.

Beans

You can probably get a better/faster answer at SPCR forums: http://www.silentpcreview.com/
    Also, be sure to tell what country/area you're from, as that will make a difference.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Thanks a lot, Temujin.
    ibjbs4. I'm buying some really good fans from cougar that I've seen reviewed in youtube and other places. I choose them specifically because of the silence factor. My new cougar case brought one and it's super silent. But I had a cheap one that I put on the top of the pc that produces a low-volume but high-picthed sound that drives me crazy after 1 minute. The only solution I have found is using my headphones or placing something on top of it which prevents some of the air from flowing out. Also, these fans I'm buying come bundled. And as of right now, I've got just three fans on my machine and the motherboard can accept four and the case can use 8. I'm planning to either get rid of the noisy fan or just move it to a spot on the case where it does not produce so much noise.