Thread: Request to unlink current duplicate account

Beans

Request to unlink current duplicate account

Hello,

I hadn't logged in in months and since my old forum account had an old email address which doesn't exist anymore, login in with SSO created a new account.

I would like this gemnoc2 account to be unlinked from Ubuntu One and to get my old Gemnoc account back. http://ubuntuforums.org/member.php?u=803884

Thanks in advance.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Re: Request to unlink current duplicate account

Because the change history in the Gemnoc account showed that it was previously registered with the email address that you used in Ubuntu One (but not now - hence the new forum account), and because that fulfils our security requirement for account ownership, I was able to arrange things so that you log into Gemnoc next time. Please send me a pm when you have successfully logged into Gemnoc, and I will disable the duplicate account and release the active email address from the duplicate account so that you can use it in the Gemnoc account if you wish.

You won't be able to post to this thread as Gemnoc, but we can tie things up by pm.
    Ubuntu 20.04 Desktop Guide - Ubuntu 22.04 Desktop Guide - Forum Guide to BBCode - Using BBCode code tags

Member: Not Canonical Team

If you need help with your forum account, such as SSO login issues, username changes, etc, the correct place to contact an admin is here. Please do not PM me about these matters unless you have been asked to - unsolicited PMs concerning forum accounts will be ignored.