Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Different Search Engine's have different level of Privacy?

Beans

Re: Different Search Engine's have different level of Privacy?

Well, Yes that is true. Why do you want to hide youself in this Virtual world? If you not doing bad things, you no need to hide. But i just feel unsecure by the Freedom. People call it as, Internet Freedom. Yes, if i do something bad, you can still track me, but my question is why you need to do that always. These Seach Engines knows what every each person search about and those advertisement people take advantages from this. But its not ending there, they can still identify where am i living and so on. This can cause huge Privacy problem to the People. This is what i really concern about.

If they can only track what you are searching about, that is still OK. But they still can track you until where are you living, what are you doing and even who is your neighbour. So, this is soo Not OK.
    Last edited by rplogesrao; January 13th, 2014 at 06:37 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.10 Utopic Unicorn

Re: Different Search Engine's have different level of Privacy?

Every search engine is subject to the laws of the country where it is located, as well as the countries it operates in. A seach engine business can raise a challenge in the courts if it thinks a request for data is not lawful, as Google and others have, just as an individual can challenge a subpoena. That does not mean the challenge will succeed, and it also does not mean that government requests for data are, in every case, illegitimate.

The data that search engines and other online service collect is, for the most part, data that's collected in ways that have been baked into the operation of the net for years. After all, it's a network; your IP is embedded in every packet you generate. If a search engine did not briefly retain info about each query, they'd not be able to send the response to the browser that sent the query. The issue isn't about the existence of the data, it's about it's retention and use.

A business -- search engine, mail provider, etc., that claims to evade these data requests, or actually does evade them, ought not to be trusted. If nothing else, a business that gets caught breaking the law is subject to pressure from the authorities to cooperate with it secretly.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12