Thread: Hash sum mismatch at end of latest update

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Hash sum mismatch at end of latest update

FTR: Using 3.13.0-4-generic, 64bit minimal install with xfce4. At the end of the latest update I get this:

Code:
    W: Failed to fetch bzip2:/var/lib/apt/lists/partial/mirror.aarnet.edu.au_pub_ubuntu_archive_dists_trusty_universe_source_Sources  Hash Sum mismatch

W: Failed to fetch bzip2:/var/lib/apt/lists/partial/mirror.aarnet.edu.au_pub_ubuntu_archive_dists_trusty_universe_binary-amd64_Packages  Hash Sum mismatch

W: Failed to fetch bzip2:/var/lib/apt/lists/partial/mirror.aarnet.edu.au_pub_ubuntu_archive_dists_trusty_main_binary-i386_Packages  Hash Sum mismatch

W: Failed to fetch bzip2:/var/lib/apt/lists/partial/mirror.aarnet.edu.au_pub_ubuntu_archive_dists_trusty_universe_binary-i386_Packages  Hash Sum mismatch

E: Some index files failed to download. They have been ignored, or old ones used instead.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Hash sum mismatch at end of latest update

Have you tried a different mirror?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Re: Hash sum mismatch at end of latest update

Thanks, but problem gone. I was just offered another update by Software Updater, installed, ran <sudo apt-get update> in a terminal and all good. Might have been my mirror catching up.