Thread: Ubuntu Desktop on Dell Venue 8 Pro tablet?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Gnome 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Ubuntu Desktop on Dell Venue 8 Pro tablet?

I just found out about a new type of tablets performant enough to run for example windows 8 such as the Dell venue 8 pro. I was wondering, is it possible to install Ubuntu Desktop on such a device, would the touch function work with the hardware? did anyone manage to run Ubuntu on this tablet or do we need to wait until release of Ubuntu touch? thanks for any comments.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Ubuntu Desktop on Dell Venue 8 Pro tablet?

Quote Originally Posted by alexander.gysi View Post
    I just found out about a new type of tablets performant enough to run for example windows 8 such as the Dell venue 8 pro. I was wondering, is it possible to install Ubuntu Desktop on such a device, would the touch function work with the hardware? did anyone manage to run Ubuntu on this tablet or do we need to wait until release of Ubuntu touch? thanks for any comments.
    Not working fully yet
    See http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2187204
    Ubuntu Forums Moderation Staff
    Okay then. We're relying on mirror dust and fairies but now we have a plan which is progress - Emma

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Gnome 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: Ubuntu Desktop on Dell Venue 8 Pro tablet?

thanks for the link, I recall I read this thread before I joined the Ubuntu forum.

this type of tablet would great to run Ubuntu, probably must be faster than win8 and take less space.