Thread: Installing Ubunt 12.04 LTS in VMWare workstation

Beans

Installing Ubunt 12.04 LTS in VMWare workstation

Hello !
    Currently I am using windows 8 dual boot with BT 5 R3. I wanted to install Ubuntu 12.04 LTS (64-bit) in VMware Workstation 10, installed it and tried to install Ubuntu. I mounted the Ubuntu .ISO file and proceed to next. When I start "Power virtual machine" it is showing the following the image
    : Untitled.jpg
    I tried again by increasing memory size to 2.00GB and No. of processors 2, but it wasn't worked. Please help me to get solution for this . . . . . Thanks in Advance.
    Last edited by oldos2er; January 12th, 2014 at 06:12 PM. Reason: Please use the default font and color.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: Installing Ubunt 12.04 LTS in VMWare workstation

The fact that the VM has proceeded to try and boot from the network suggests one of the following:

The CD-ROM drive is not "Connected." With the VM turned off go into the settings and make sure Connect at power on is selected. Also double-check that the path and filename are pointing to an ISO that exists.

The ISO file is invalid. See this page for ISO md5 hashes and this one for information on how to generate the md5 hash of your iso in various operating systems.

The boot order of the VM is incorrect. When the VM first powers on there is a screen that briefly appears with some options, hit Esc to get to a one-time boot menu and try manually selecting the CD drive. If it carries on trying to network boot then it's likely one of the issues above.

Beans

Thanks for your reply Actually what I did is I have downloaded Ubuntu in a .zip file, I extracted those. After, all selecting making them as a .ISO file in Nero Image burner. Is that process of ISO burning correct and that file to I am mounting. Or I need to do some thing else to install successfully.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander

try downloading the iso from http://www.ubuntu.com/download/desktop or server