Thread: Wifi Still not working 13.10 (MBP 4,1)

Beans

Wifi Still not working 13.10 (MBP 4,1)

I am dual booting OS X 10.8 and Ubuntu 13.10. I can't seem to get the situation right to have wifi. I have tried so many different tutorials and follow alongs on you tube and nothing seems to work. I don't have a cat5 so can't create a wired connection. I've been moving things from computer to USB drive to computer. I've got a Broadcom 4321. I believe I've installed the driver and the firmware and rebooted but still get nothing. I'm really new to terminal so I don't really know what the scripts mean. Help!

Beans

Re: Wifi Still not working 13.10 (MBP 4,1)

Hi,
    there are already a lot of threads about wifi, well beyond my level of knowledge, but maybe, if you can detail what you tried so far and where your probems with the command line are, I may assist you.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Download http://mirrors.kernel.org/ubuntu/poo...ntu1_amd64.deb on another computer, and put on USB drive.

On the affected computer, double click the file on the USB drive and install.
    Don't waste your energy trying to change opinions ... Do your thing, and don't care if they like it.

Beans

Thanks for the replies. Sandy I opened that file and clicked install and I got an error message that said "Dependancy not satisfiable: dkms" I have also installed the following packages

broadcom-wl-4.150.10.5.tar.bzd
    firmware-b43-installer_4.150.10.5-4_all.deb
    firmware-b43legacy-installer_015-9_all.deb
    wl_apasta-3.130.20.0.o

I've also used sudo get-apt command with various installers but always get an error message.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Forgot about that - install http://mirrors.kernel.org/ubuntu/poo...buntu4_all.deb first
    Don't waste your energy trying to change opinions ... Do your thing, and don't care if they like it.

Beans

You may install the dkms (dynamic kernel module support) via the software center, if this is what its need to install sandyd's package.

Maybe this page for the broadcom-card under PCI helps. Is the card running as a pci or as an USB-device? From a command line you may try "lspci" for the pci-bus, "lsusb" for the usb-bus or simply "lshw" to check your card.