Thread: Can't remove onscreen keyboard on resume or unlock in 12.04

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Can't remove onscreen keyboard on resume or unlock in 12.04

I installed Ubuntu 12.04, had problems with keyboard not working (now solved - see http://neopatel.blogspot.in/2012/10/...ite-l875d.html) and turned on the Universal Access Onscreen keyboard.

I turned the Onscreen Keyboard off again. It does not appear at login, on startup nor on restart. But it always appears on resume from suspend or unlock from locked.

Is there any way to turn it off? Is there a settings file?
    I have a Toshiba Satellite C50D laptop with 3.4 GB of RAM and (AMD E1-1200 APU @ 1.4 GHz with Radeon HD Graphics) x 2 processor; Ubuntu 12.04 (Precise Pangolin), Kernel Linux 3.8.0-36-generic. (older posts refer to 8.04 or 9.10 on other hardware).

Beans

Re: Can't remove onscreen keyboard on resume or unlock in 12.04

Hi,
    I had a similar behaviour. I firstly deactivated autostart of onboard, but afterwards I simply deinstalled the package with the software center. I do not which of these worked, but onboard does not show any longer. This is of course only an alternative if you do not need onboard.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Can't remove onscreen keyboard on resume or unlock in 12.04

That's good. I had not noticed Onboard on the Application menu.

I ran Onboard and found a preference "Show when unlocking the screen" which I turned off. I think that did it. I will check tomorrow.
    I have a Toshiba Satellite C50D laptop with 3.4 GB of RAM and (AMD E1-1200 APU @ 1.4 GHz with Radeon HD Graphics) x 2 processor; Ubuntu 12.04 (Precise Pangolin), Kernel Linux 3.8.0-36-generic. (older posts refer to 8.04 or 9.10 on other hardware).