Thread: Can't access my old forums account

Beans

Can't access my old forums account

I have an account called Chasehead that I registered in 2006 and would like to log back into it. I recently got an Ubuntu One account and I ended up being chasehead2 instead. I can provide my old email address which I used to register the account. It's also still active so I will be able to access it. I don't care if chasehead2 gets disable or deleted.

Thank you!

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu Development Release

Re: Can't access my old forums account

Please set the SSO account to use the forum one as preferred - then when you've done that post back here and someone will disassociate this account.

Beans

On my SSO settings page I only see real name and preferred email address fields. I linked my old email address that I may have used back in 2006 to create the account. Would setting my old email address to preferred bring back my old account? It was Chasehead (with a capital C)

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

The Chasehead account had a hotmail address. Assuming that is what you have now set as preferred in Ubuntu One, I have disassociated this account from Ubuntu One. If you now log out and in again, you will log into the Chasehead account.

Please do not PM me about your forum account unless you have been asked to. The correct place to contact an admin about your account is here.

Beans

I haven't set it yet I figured I'd ask first. I'll logout now and try. Thanks!

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

It would help. At this point, an admin will need to disassociate this account with your SSO, Then, he next time you log in, it should re-link with your old account.
    Linux User #415691 Ubuntu User #8629
    Iowa Team (LoCo): [Wiki] [Launchpad] [Sub-forum]
    IRC channel: #ubuntu-us-ia on irc.freenode.net