Thread: Good E Books /Reference Material for Learning Ubuntu

Beans

Question Good E Books /Reference Material for Learning Ubuntu

Hi All ,

I am a novice in Ubuntu , I have installed ubuntu a couple of times before , but i want to learn ubuntu , ( in depth )

Please suggest where to begin and how to proceed a few steps would be great ,

Regards
    Vinay
    ( India )

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: Good E Books /Reference Material for Learning Ubuntu

Beans

@ Jonathan Precise

Thanks a ton for the quick TAT ..will give it go right away..
    Happy 2014 to you as well and everybody on this community ..have a blast

BTW i gave a go at the first link .. took me a couple of minutes to graze through it

Here's my scenario :- i am on 12.04 on aa single comp connected to the internet on a tethered mobile .
    i also have windows 7 ultimate ( so that makes it dual boot i guess ...so am a l'll confused on the migration ,

How will i manage to go about doing that ..?

Since i already am comfortable in the installation and finding my way around ubuntu on the gui ( not wholly comfortable with the command prompt thingy ) on a scale of 1 to 10 i 'd rate my self on a 4 in navigation .
    Last edited by v-2vnat; January 2nd, 2014 at 01:10 AM. Reason: Additional Query

Beans
    Hidden!

Here's another site with a searchable html ubuntuguide; this is for Preciser but for other versions just change that final url address word to whatever you need, eg Quantal, Raring, Saucy.
    http://ubuntuguide.org/wiki/Ubunturecise
    DISTRO: Xubuntu 14.04-64bit --- Code-tags --- Boot-Repair --- Grub2 wiki & Grub2 Basics --- RootSudo

Beans

Question Re: Good E Books /Reference Material for Learning Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by ajgreeny View Post
    Here's another site with a searchable html ubuntuguide; this is for Preciser but for other versions just change that final url address word to whatever you need, eg Quantal, Raring, Saucy.
    http://ubuntuguide.org/wiki/Ubunturecise

@ajgreeny

Found the link very informative , will refer to it BTW, wanted to set-up multiple monitors on my system , how do i go about finding out the drivers after i set up the hardware , does Ubuntu support multiple displays , anything specific that i need to install or look for in terms of hardware compatibility ..

at present i am running 4 gigs of DDR 3 RAM and 2 TB of HDD space with MSI 880 GM E 35 motherboard with ASUS gforce - graphic card with 1 GIGof ram and a Ben Q 19 inch FP 92W LCD monitor ( AMD Athlon X2 Black Edition running at 2.66 GHz )

and how much RAM does Ubuntu Support ..?