Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Janiform January Screen-Shot Thread

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Re: Janiform January Screen-Shot Thread

With the cold weather approaching (it's still relavtively warm where I live) let's NOT pick a winter themed wallpaper

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Pretty standard Elementary OS except added GParted, Firefox and Synaptic.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "There is no failure, just ways that don't work" And when this is realized, people are much happier in life because if they stop trying, they fail as to give up. If people take this approach in life, they will never ever fail"

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by sports fan Matt View Post
    Pretty standard Elementary OS except added GParted, Firefox and Synaptic.
    I love seeing more and more users running elementary OS. They have a great team with a great distro. Still some quirks in the system but with every distro I've tried they have the least amount of quirks, which has effectively halted my distro hopping tendencies.

My elementary OS is stock but I install a bunch of other applications too, some of which are commonly found in a regular Ubuntu or Mint install.

apt-get update && apt-get install audacity vlc hardinfo inkscape etherape cheese kdenlive winff wifi-radar rhythmbox clementine stellarium p7zip-full wireshark soundconverter ncdu bmon meld hdparm devede openssh-server rwho nethogs smartmontools gimp vinagre thunderbird bmon nmap synaptic quassel-client-qt4 liferea gimp htop gparted gdisk backintime-gnome youtube-dl owncloud-client handbrake-gtk firefox openshot gnome-system-monitor gnome-disk-utility baobab clusterssh nautilus

Notice:
    gnome-disk-utility >> "Disk Utility" (Disks in newer Ubuntu variants but same application otherwise without the slight visual changes)
    gnome-system-monitor >> "System Monitor"
    baobab >> "Disk Usage Analyzer"
    nautilus >> Nautilis file manager, an absolute must-have IMHO given the insane level of instability Pantheon Files exhibits whenever I open the darn thing (just make sure you comment out the OnlyShowIn line of the nautilus.desktop file so it's accessible in the application menu). This is also why I install Rhythmbox and Clementine since Noise (known on eOS as "Music") works well but has some issues with randomly closing. It's rare-ish but happens enough I typically fire up Rhythmbox. I like Clementine for the features (used it for running the music at my own wedding in late 2012 since it has really nice faded transitions from track to track by default, plus it's solid), but lately I've been giving Rhythmbox another shot since it looks well integrated to eOS and hasn't given me any stability issues.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Screenshot - 01262014 - 09:11:59 AM.pngScreenshot - 01272014 - 03:15:51 PM.png

I do not care for a ton of stuff on my desk top most of the time, and like it to look like a still picture when I am not using it. I just auto-hide the bar on top, Just no point in keeping it up. I am using Xubuntu 12.04, Maybe I will add a bit of eye candy, but then maybe not. http://www.deviantart.com/#/art/Tulip-193659936?hf=1 to the wallpaper. If you like to have flowers and such on your Distro.
    Proverbs 14:15

The simple believeth every word: but the prudent man looketh well to his going.

Beans

I fired up my other laptop which had 13.10 on it. I updated it to check a few things out. I am growing increasingly fond of Unity. I still have some frustrations with the way the dash is organized (it's still a mess. I mean, more suggestions, shopping results, recent apps all in one lens? Spare me. Who thought this was okay? Let's not KDEify this... shopping lens in its own lens and drop more suggestions altogether. 2+2=4)...... but given the fact I am a very keyboard centric user and super+a exists for the applications lens (in comparison to super+space to open the launcher in elementary OS, my other main distro), I've learned to like Unity that much more. Plus it's nice having a stable manager and music player out of the box, something eOS is still plagued with despite the fact you can swap them. Unity's level of polish and very decent speed has also been welcome. Once you disable the online search, which saves a number of seconds with each and every thing you type into the lens, and switch to static blur (unity tweak tool) I saw a substantial improvement in performance. I'm going to truck onward with this setup for a bit and see how things fair over time.

http://i.imgur.com/kUjmlNs.png

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Stock standard install of Distro Astro 2.0, which is a Mint respin designed for astronomy and scientific use. The wallpaper is from wallbase.cc

http://i.imgur.com/bVnM7bN.jpg
    Last edited by sffvba[e0rt; January 31st, 2014 at 07:26 PM. Reason: thumbnails please

Beans

Last edited by sffvba[e0rt; January 31st, 2014 at 07:27 PM. Reason: thumbnails please
    Being a target means being on the internet. End of line.
    Takedown blog (hungarian)

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Screenshot from 2014-02-03 19:55:40.jpg

Ubuntu Gnome/Studio 13.10 Gnome Shell 3.10.2 , with cairo dock and covergloobus

I like dark wallpapers...
    bhatta

May the Source be with you !
    Ash nazg durbatulûk, ash nazg gimbatul, ash nazg thrakatulûk, agh
    'Buntu-ishi krimpatul !

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011