Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: Janiform January Screen-Shot Thread

Beans

Re: Janiform January Screen-Shot Thread

Quote Originally Posted by mreq View Post
    I couldn't live with eOS' alt+tab switcher. Don't know whether it could be done worse..
    I quite like their alt-tab switcher. It's almost like it imposes the dock but only with the icons of running applications. I kind of dig that.

I really like elementary OS as is. But dang, this file manager crashes like it's the number one goal, and Noise (Music) simply not turning on is quite a headache too. Sometimes I just want to drop back to Gnome 3 where I know Rhythmbox and Nautilus, despite its boringness, will just work...
    HOW TO - Set up video surveillance with "Motion"

Buying a Lenovo? Do your research first!
    Some Lenovos have a whitelisted BIOS which prevents you from changing the wifi card.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Roasted View Post
    I quite like their alt-tab switcher. It's almost like it imposes the dock but only with the icons of running applications. I kind of dig that.

I really like elementary OS as is. But dang, this file manager crashes like it's the number one goal, and Noise (Music) simply not turning on is quite a headache too. Sometimes I just want to drop back to Gnome 3 where I know Rhythmbox and Nautilus, despite its boringness, will just work...
    My problem with that is that when switching apps, you have to look all the way down to the dock. It's just that I'm used to have the switcher on the very middle of the screen. Most of the time I switch apps via specific keyboard shortcuts and wmctrl, but still...

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by mreq View Post
    My problem with that is that when switching apps, you have to look all the way down to the dock. It's just that I'm used to have the switcher on the very middle of the screen. Most of the time I switch apps via specific keyboard shortcuts and wmctrl, but still...
    Ahh, alright. I can totally see that. I never really thought twice about it. In fact I kind of liked it at first as I thought Gnome 3's alt-tab switcher was obnoxiously large and unnecessarily sized. Now that my habit has me looking at the bottom of the screen I just hadn't given much of a thought about it beyond what you just described.
    HOW TO - Set up video surveillance with "Motion"

Buying a Lenovo? Do your research first!
    Some Lenovos have a whitelisted BIOS which prevents you from changing the wifi card.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

I probably have the most boring desktop in the thread, but I might as well post it because I'm that proud of it. I've switched to using Unity full time over XFCE and don't regret it. It looks amazing, modern, and still fits all my needs while feeling like a new experience.

Although I do love how Unity colors itself based on your wallpaper, this color of blue is pure eye candy. Thumbnails are clickable. (Spoiler : Desktop of a huge Vocaloid fan.)

Wallpaper Link : http://aoiken.deviantart.com/art/Hatsune-Miku-421246965

Quote Originally Posted by Artificial Intelligence View Post
    eOS 0.2

modified default theme (.css)
    merged Faience with default eOS theme.

Wow, that is seriously beautiful, and the wallpaper is juicy. I'd be pretty proud of that setup, personally.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu

This is my current KDE setup. I'm trying something experimental, somewhat inspired by eOS.

Basically, I liked the way eOS looked, but I took it a step further, I got rid of the application launcher and list on the task bar in favor of ALT+F2 (which has an advanced search feature by default) and ALT+TAB for window switching

I have the following keyboard shortcuts:
    metab=chrome
    metaz=system settings
    metaf=file browser
    metak=kate
    metav=vlc
    ctrl+alt+s=shutdown now
    metat=terminal
    alt+ds = desktop settings (when desktop is shown)
    metad=show desktop

This essentially removes 90% of my mouse usage.

KDE is the best

Beans
    Distro

Red face Re: Janiform January Screen-Shot Thread

Think I'll stick with this for a while...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Question Everything

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by johnluke728 View Post
    I probably have the most boring desktop in the thread, but I might as well post it because I'm that proud of it. I've switched to using Unity full time over XFCE and don't regret it. It looks amazing, modern, and still fits all my needs while feeling like a new experience.

Although I do love how Unity colors itself based on your wallpaper, this color of blue is pure eye candy. Thumbnails are clickable. (Spoiler : Desktop of a huge Vocaloid fan.)

Wallpaper Link : http://aoiken.deviantart.com/art/Hatsune-Miku-421246965

Wow, that is seriously beautiful, and the wallpaper is juicy. I'd be pretty proud of that setup, personally.
    Thanks
    elementary OS Luna
    My Screenshot

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by johnluke728 View Post

Very nice indeed, After spending 2 days restoring W7 on desktop ( Decided to revert to W XP ???? ) I wish i could put
    Ubuntu on it. (Family uses it so cannot)
    GOLDSHIRT9 was here

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by hg-knight View Post
    Very nice indeed, After spending 2 days restoring W7 on desktop ( Decided to revert to W XP ???? ) I wish i could put
    Ubuntu on it. (Family uses it so cannot)
    Feel for ya bro. No dual boot either? After my Family was FORCED to use Linux for a year, now they enjoy it greatly and want to keep it for their desktops. We did not have any windows install cds, to fix a broken windows OS. Sometimes it takes time. Sadly speed and stability of programs does not tend to sell people till you get them to use something for a while, than they switch back. (Skype Linux compared to Skype Windows, which on my machine kept on over using the CPU, so BSOD all around.)

There are some amazing desktops on here.
    Proverbs 14:15

The simple believeth every word: but the prudent man looketh well to his going.

Beans
    Distro

I guess they play lots of games and need Microsoft Office? Ouch, you could probably get a USB HDD for Ubuntu when you use the PC. It's hard to be comfortable using Windows for me now, I had to go fully Ubuntu on this second hard drive.

And you're welcome, Artifical Intelligence. eOS is looking amazing.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast