Thread: Opinions on Ubuntu and it's Flavors

Beans

Thumbs up Opinions on Ubuntu and it's Flavors

Whats your opinion on Ubuntu. Do you like it? Do you dislike it? What do you like about it? What do you dislike about it? Post here and share your opinion!

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: Opinions on Ubuntu and it's Flavors

Thread moved to Recurring Discussions.

Please do not PM me about your forum account unless you have been asked to. The correct place to contact an admin about your account is here.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Re: Opinions on Ubuntu and it's Flavors

I use Xubuntu. I migrated to Xfce after Gnome2 died and have been very happy with it. Xubuntu for me strikes that perfect balance between speed, simplicity, and usability. My desktop looks great, and runs fast!

Kubuntu/KDE is pretty nice as well, but still always end up back on Xubuntu. I like the design of the KDE desktop, and a lot of the principals behind it, but just find it a bit too buggy and hard to configure the way I like it. I try it every few releases, and like it more each time.

Lubuntu/LXDE is great if you need a very slim/fast distro, but find Xubuntu a lot easier to configure, and isn't that much slower than Lubuntu.

I don't really like Ubuntu/Unity. My major issue Ubuntu/Unity is the integrated Amazon crap. Sure, you can probably remove it, but I don't even want to have to deal with it. Unity is fine, but find Xfce more usable for how I work.
    Do you folks like coffee?