Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why is PulseAudio the default mixer in Ubuntu?

Beans

Re: Why is PulseAudio the default mixer in Ubuntu?

Quote Originally Posted by jgj.adaoag View Post
    Most of the problem on the internet were about sounds not working, mine was working when I have my headphones plugged in but it wouldn't work with the laptop's speakers.
    That was the same problem I had when I installed Manjaro, as I said messing with some settings solved it.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by monkeybrain20122 View Post
    That was the same problem I had when I installed Manjaro, as I said messing with some settings solved it.
    My problem vanished for some reason, for future reference could you tell me what settings you messed with? I tried to change some stuff in PulseAudio Volume Control and Sound Settings but didn't solve the problem at the time.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by jgj.adaoag View Post
    My problem vanished for some reason, for future reference could you tell me what settings you messed with? I tried to change some stuff in PulseAudio Volume Control and Sound Settings but didn't solve the problem at the time.
    I am afraid I can't remember, it has been a while. Something to do with switching playback output on pauvcontrol I think.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

If people for some reason want a system without Pulseaudio they could try Lubuntu.
    Bringing old hardware back to life. About problems due to upgrading.
    Please visit Quick Links -> Unanswered Posts.
    Don't use this space for a list of your hardware. It only creates false hits in the search engines.

Beans

Red face Re: Why is PulseAudio the default mixer in Ubuntu?

i have living the same issue if any tips twel mi bless

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by monkeybrain20122 View Post
    I am afraid I can't remember, it has been a while. Something to do with switching playback output on pauvcontrol I think.
    If you mean pavucontrol, that's the sound settings I was talking about. Looks like the what I do in windows works in linux. (reinstalling the whole thing to fix a problem)

Quote Originally Posted by mörgæs View Post
    If people for some reason want a system without Pulseaudio they could try Lubuntu.
    For me, I'll just stick with Xubuntu, Xubuntu looks like it is more customizable and Lubuntu does not look user friendly.

Quote Originally Posted by dominiquedesforges View Post
    i have living the same issue if any tips twel mi bless
    All I did was purge pulseaudio and then installing it again and then I force reload alsa

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12