Thread: Possible to compile any other language to *.swf other than Flash and ActionScript?

Beans

Exclamation Possible to compile any other language to *.swf other than Flash and ActionScript?

Okay. I am wondering if there are any programs that can compile any of the following to a *.swf file:

• HTML5 (and maybe CSS3) and JavaScript
    • Java
    • Python

I have tried using Flash and ActionScript, but I really don't like it. I code in Java and everyone says ActionScript should be easy for you to get into... it's not, it's different, even though they look similar.

Also:
    I tried using the Apache Flex Java libraries, but couldn't find a raw Javadoc to use in eclipse, all they have is a stupid formatted one that you can only open in a browser. So if you know where they have the raw Javadoc for the Flex libs that would be AWESOME!

Any help would be great, thanks!

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: Possible to compile any other language to *.swf other than Flash and ActionScript

What is the purpose of compiling HTML5/CSS/JS to Flash, since they can run natively in most browsers?
    Warning: unless noted otherwise, code in my posts should be understood as "coding suggestions", and its use may require more neurones than the two necessary for Ctrl-C/Ctrl-V.

Beans

Re: Possible to compile any other language to *.swf other than Flash and ActionScript

Because, many popular game sites do not support HTML5 / Javascript games because they are usually spread across multiple files.