Thread: kfilebox

kfilebox

Is kfilebox 0.4.9 unstable? I tried to install it after uninstalling the nautilus based Dropbox application. I notiiced it starts up two system tray icons. Strangely it already knew my login information and doesn't seem very integrated. Did I do something incorrect?

Beans

Re: kfilebox

I use kfilebox in Chakra Linux since there is no nautilus-dropbox in this distribution. It works like a charm. I also was wandering, why I didn't have to enter my account data and assume that they were taken from a former dropbox-installation under Kubuntu. In both distros I have acces to the same home directory and use the same dropbox directory as well. I have one question too. From which repository did you install kfilebox. I run 13.10 Saucy and can't find a repo for it.

i downloaded the deb from sourceforge. i opted for service menu. for whatever reason i don't see any functionality from kfilebox. it requires dropbox to be installed beforehand so what's the point? i don't think it even adds any functionality to dolphin

Beans

Thanks for the quick answer. For me kfilebox works just as a GTK-free replacement for nautilus-dropbox for which there are no packeges in Chakra. For the integration into dolphin - which I actually don't use - I had to install additional packages. I suppose the problen is that kfilebox isn't properly supported in (K)Ubuntu.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

I use dropbox + kde-servicemenu
    It's the only way to get full and proper integration in KDE
    But I use openSUSE in KDE which has a much more complete kde
    Ubuntu 18.04

Thanks. What's this about other distros having more "complete" kdes?