Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: change colour of drop down lists?

Beans

change colour of drop down lists?

As you can see in the attachement, any kind of scrolling list or drop down list is very hard to see. Just wondering is there a way to change the background colour? Cheers
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by shinigamikris; December 21st, 2013 at 08:16 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: change colour of drop down lists?

Try switching themes.
    Go to Appearance in System Settings and under the wallpapers selection is a dropdown for themes.
    Ubuntu only has a few to select from by default, but if you install an added tool like unity-tweak-tool you can change a few more details.
    Splat Double Splat Triple Splat
    Earn Your Keep
    Don't mind me, I'm only passing through.
    Once in a blue moon, I'm actually helpful

Beans

Hey deadflowr, thanks for the reply.

I've tried switching between the 3 default themes (ambiance, radiance and high contrast) but of them will change the drop down list. Or if it does, it's only a slighter different colour but still extremely hard to read. I've downloaded unity tweak tool but can't seem to find any option to change this. Do you have any other suggestions? Cheers.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

i noticed this was in your browser.
    How are the dropdown's on the actual system?

Are they the same, or different/more readable.
    Splat Double Splat Triple Splat
    Earn Your Keep
    Don't mind me, I'm only passing through.
    Once in a blue moon, I'm actually helpful

Beans

They are good in the system, very readable. Sorry should have mentioned before it was just in the browser. I've tried downloading and installing different firefox themes but the drop down list still stays the same. Also tried installing chromium and the address bar is black and can't see what I type (this is using all default settings, clean install)...

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Since it's a browser issue, see if http://askubuntu.com/questions/25447...re-on-websites helps.

Beans

Thanks for the link vasa1.

I did what they suggested and it changed some text fields that were white before to now grey and the fields in the original screenshot still remain the same (blacked out) Any other suggestions?

Also, I would have asked on the link but not enough rep :/
    Last edited by shinigamikris; December 22nd, 2013 at 08:18 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Quote Originally Posted by shinigamikris View Post
    Thanks for the link vasa1.

I did what they suggested and it changed some text fields that were white before to now grey and the fields in the original screenshot still remain the same (blacked out) Any other suggestions?

Also, I would have asked on the link but not enough rep :/
    I don't visit answers.yahoo.com. Do you have a site illustrating your problem that doesn't need a sign-on?

Beans

You can possibly override a web page's colors in Firefox. See Preferences > Content, and there you find the section "Fonts and Colors" Click the "Colors" button, and uncheck "Allow pages to choose their own colors...". It should then use the colors you specify in that same dialog box for text and background.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis N View Post
    You can possibly override a web page's colors in Firefox. See Preferences > Content, and there you find the section "Fonts and Colors" Click the "Colors" button, and uncheck "Allow pages to choose their own colors...". It should then use the colors you specify in that same dialog box for text and background.
    Hmm, that changed the pages too much. And also, the Yanswers page has just recently changed their layout and doesn't use the drop down menus anymore and that was my main concern as I could harldy see the categories. Great that I now know how to change the colours in FireFox!

Thanks everyone for your help

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast