Thread: Avconv

Beans

Avconv

Is there a static version somewhere to download? I have no internet on my computer but can download to my phone and then transfer.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Avconv

I don't think anyone has compiled avconv with static linking and made it available. I can't find it, and it's not something you'd normally do.

However, look at the problem laterally. Your phone has internet; why don't you "tether" it? Tethering is basically where you plug your phone into your computer, and the phone pretends to be an Ethernet connection to the internet.

If you have an Android phone with a custom ROM or stock Android, your phone already has a tethering option built-in; just plug your phone into the computer and turn on the USB Tethering option. For non-stock Android phones and all other smartphone platforms apart from iOS, you can get tethering utilities from their respective application stores. For iPhones, you can tether but the function won't become available until your carrier enables it - and there might be an extra charge. Still, you can jailbreak your iPhone and get a tethering utility.
    I try to treat the cause, not the symptom. I avoid the terminal in instructions, unless it's easier or necessary. My instructions will work within the Ubuntu system, instead of breaking or subverting it. Those are the three guarantees to the helpee.

Beans

Re: Avconv

Yes I will most likely just buy the tethering plan from sprint. When I use any tethering app I can only ever pull up webpages. My computer never recognizes it as internet.