Thread: Spoof Windows?

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

Question Spoof Windows?

My browser is Firefox. A website I used to use has been updated and gives me a message that Linux is not yet supported when I try to login. I can use the website in a Windows virtual machine, but that is a pain because I need to switch back and forth between languages, and I don't have an easy way to do that in Windows. Is there some way that I can impersonate a Windows or Mac to use this site? I tried the addon useragent switcher; it didn't work at all.
    No living creature should be treated as if it were property.

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu Development Release

Opera

You might try some of the other add-ons that do the same thing. One might work for you.

I haven't used Opera in ages and ages, but if I recall correctly it had user agent spoofing built in.

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: Spoof Windows?

Try the add-on User-Agent-Switcher https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/fir...itcher/?src=ss which can in some cases tell the web site visited that you are using another browser on another OS. I have found it useful in the past, though I have not found a site that would not show on Linux for a long while now, even if they say they do not support it.
    DISTRO: Xubuntu 12.04-64bit --- Code-tags --- Boot-Repair --- Grub2 wiki & Grub2 Basics --- RootSudo

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: Spoof Windows?

There are still such web sites, such as Garmin. You cannot update any Garmin GPS without having a Microsoft Windows or Mac OS. You can get to the web site but cannot download a new map with out Microsoft or Mac. I think that is the type of thing the OP is talking about. Granted there are very few of these still in existance, but there are some.
    Rex
    ASUS EeePC 1000h with Lubuntu 14.04
    Dell Inspiron 1000 with Bodhi Linux 2.4