Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Missing Official Flavours from Ubuntu Distro List (Ubuntu GNOME)

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Question Missing Official Flavours from Ubuntu Distro List (Ubuntu GNOME)

Dear Ubuntu Forums Admins,

Kindly be informed that the list, as attached:

Screenshot - 12202013 - 08:01:04 PM.png

is missing:

1- Ubuntu GNOME
    2- Ubuntu GNOME Development Release

This is when I go to Edit Profile and try to choose my favourite distribution.

I wonder if that is possible or not?

Thank you for your time and for your continuous support/contribution to keep this place alive

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Missing Official Flavours from Ubuntu Distro List (Ubuntu GNOME)

There is an option for Ubuntu Gnome, it just became official in 13.10, and I just added Ubuntu Gnome development release. See the screenshot.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Quote Originally Posted by cariboo907 View Post
    There is an option for Ubuntu Gnome, it just became official in 13.10, and I just added Ubuntu Gnome development release. See the screenshot.
    Hi,

Thanks for posting

In fact, Ubuntu GNOME became an official flavour starting from 13.04: http://ubuntugnome.org/ubuntu-gnome-13-04

And, there is an option for Ubuntu GNOME 13.10 indeed but there is no option for 'Ubuntu GNOME' alone without any release, just like the screenshot I sent. The first on the list has: Ubuntu, Xubuntu, etc without release just the plain word.

Thank you for adding Ubuntu GNOME Development Release. Much appreciated

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Hi,

Is there any chance that the 'Prefix' of Ubuntu GNOME gets some colour? it is not coloured, unlike all the other flavours.

Thank you!

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

We're busy with a lot of other issues - at some point we will probably do that.

Beans

Ubuntu Gnome is my choice too amj, but

http://i.minus.com/ibjbjBT18xxbMY.jpg

two out of three of these are wearing red hats and the one that isn't does not look too well ...
    need i say more.
    Last edited by sffvba[e0rt; April 25th, 2014 at 10:58 PM. Reason: image size is too BIG - use thumbnails kthxbai

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

@amjjawad, I had a few minutes spare so I've colourised the UbuntuGnome prefix. As I don't use UbuntuGnome myself I had to go to their website to see what their favoured colour is. From the background it appears to be some sort of turquoise. Both the Kubuntu and Lubuntu prefixes are different shades of blue, so I've colour-picked from the Ubuntu Gnome website a shade of turquoise which distinguishes it from those two variants.
    Ubuntu 20.04 Desktop Guide - Ubuntu 22.04 Desktop Guide - Forum Guide to BBCode - Using BBCode code tags

Member: Not Canonical Team

If you need help with your forum account, such as SSO login issues, username changes, etc, the correct place to contact an admin is here. Please do not PM me about these matters unless you have been asked to - unsolicited PMs concerning forum accounts will be ignored.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Quote Originally Posted by coffeecat View Post
    @amjjawad, I had a few minutes spare so I've colourised the UbuntuGnome prefix. As I don't use UbuntuGnome myself I had to go to their website to see what their favoured colour is. From the background it appears to be some sort of turquoise. Both the Kubuntu and Lubuntu prefixes are different shades of blue, so I've colour-picked from the Ubuntu Gnome website a shade of turquoise which distinguishes it from those two variants.
    Hi and thanks for posting

Appreciate what you have done but as you see, it is not clear. I have attached our Logo. You may pick the colour or even better:

Code:
    0087ed
    Screenshot - 04242014 - 07:18:15 PM.png

roundel48.png

Thank you so much

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Message heard but I'm going to ask you to be patient on this one. Double-checking the colour values we have for the Kubuntu and Lubuntu prefixes against their respective websites, they appear to be similar to the official logo colours but not exactly the same. And the Xubuntu prefix is an orange shade rather than Xubuntu blue. There may be a good reason for this, but I can't recall what it is.

What we would want to do is to have prefix colours that respect the preferred colours of the various Ubuntu flavours, but which are as distinctive as possible each from the other. Which may involve some compromise. I think we need to look into this a bit more, which will take time. In the meantime, the UbuntuGnome prefix colour is admittedly pale, but it is readable and I wouldn't call it unclear. Consider it temporary while we look at the bigger picture.
    Ubuntu 20.04 Desktop Guide - Ubuntu 22.04 Desktop Guide - Forum Guide to BBCode - Using BBCode code tags

Member: Not Canonical Team

If you need help with your forum account, such as SSO login issues, username changes, etc, the correct place to contact an admin is here. Please do not PM me about these matters unless you have been asked to - unsolicited PMs concerning forum accounts will be ignored.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

We'll get to it when we can.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast