Hey there. I'm using a Gateway NE 522 series laptop, with the following hardware components:
- AMD Quad-Core Processor A4-5000
- AMD Radeon HD 8330
After doing a fresh install and software update via software updater, I am experiencing a halt at shutdown every time that I shut down.
I experience this issue every when I using the context menu to shut down, or when using any of the following commands:
- sudo shutdown -P now
- sudo halt
Pressing ESC after clicking shut down shows me the console, which shows me:
The system then freezes, powered on, for an indefinite amount of time (read: forever).
* Checking battery state... [ OK ]
Checking for running unattended-upgrades:
speech-dispatcher disabled: edit /etc/default/speech-dispatcher
* Asking all remaining processes to terminate... [ OK ]
* Killing all remaining proceses... [fail]
nm-dispatcher.action: Caught signal 15, shutting down...
* Deconfiguring network interfaces... [ OK ]
* Deactivating swap... [ OK ]
* Unmounting local filesystems... [ OK ]
umount: /run/lock: not mounted
umount: /run/shm: no mounted
mount: / is busy
* Will now halt
[ 96.301431] Power down.
This does not happen with restarts.