Thread: Help with MAME 0.151

Beans

Help with MAME 0.151

Hello, I am fairly new to Linux, and I am trying to set up a MAME arcade cabinet. I have Ubuntu 13.1 installed right now, but I can't figure out how to completely set up all of the stuff for MAME. I would love a step by step guide for setting up MAME with 0.151 ROMS, and also a site that I would be able to find the ROMs themselves to download. Thanks!

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: Help with MAME 0.151

i can't help with setting up MAME but I can definitely tell you that asking where to get ROM's is off limits here and shouldn't be discussed due to the legality of it. I wish you luck though as I too would love a nice guide to set up a MAME machine

Beans
    Hidden!

Thread moved to Emulators.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Welcome.

Erm, try doing some research before posting?

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=set+up+mame+ubuntu

You give us no information whatever as to what you've done so far, where you're up to or where you're getting stuck, so you need to provide more information.

Also, as alluded to, the forums do not support illegal activity of any kind. You might be better to stick with setting up MAME and leave the ROMs alone unless what you are referring to you know to be legally and freely available for download.

Just a heads up for a newcomer from the forum Code of Conduct (which, of course, you've read ...):
    Material that suggests illegal activity or contains illegal content is also forbidden. We do not support circumventing TOS, EULA, etc here. Such threads will be closed and offending users will be penalised with infractions and warnings.
    Last edited by Bucky Ball; December 22nd, 2013 at 03:53 AM.