Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Pithos running commercials now!

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: Pithos running commercials now!

Quote Originally Posted by cybrsaylr View Post
    Loved listening to Pithos because all its excellent music was commercial free.

Did that all end? Tonight noticed Pithos is now running commercial ads about every 15 minutes. Anyone know what's going on? Also are there any other Internet music stations that are still unpolluted by ads and remain commercial free?
    You think that's bad, you want to try listening to what used to be Sky.fm.

I've listened to it for quite some time. At first, a couple of years ago, it was an advert or two every half hour or so. That, I could live with. The last six months or so, they increased that to every 15-20 mins. Bearable....just. But it's got beyond a joke now.

Sky.fm has now become Radio Tunes, and the advert frequency has since increased to one every 5 mins or so!

I listen mainly to smooth jazz, and R'n'B. Anybody got any suggestions for an alternative source?

Regards,

Mike.
    Compaq Presario SR1619UK, running Xubuntu & Puppies 'X-Slacko' & 'Slacko'
    Dell Inspiron 1100, running Xubuntu & Puppies 'TahrPup' & 'Precise'

IF
    the advice given has helped you, PLEASE have the courtesy to post back and say 'Thank you'..!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Budgie Development Release

I still haven't heard a single commercial since this thread began the only thing I can think of is that I did not confirm on the Pandora site when I set up Pithos.
    "Our intention creates our reality. "

Ubuntu Documentation Search: Popular Pages
    Ubuntu: Security Basics
    Ubuntu: Flavors

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by QIII View Post
    No ads on pithos for me, but a dump truck full on free Pandora on my cell phone.
    That's the point. If you are a regular official Pandora client user you will not get the ads in Pithos. If not, you will hear them in Pithos.

I've just validated that theory - had a bunch of ads in Pithos, spent one evening listening to Pandora on the cell phone, now the ads are gone from Pithos.

Let's see how long till they catch up.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu

You missed the point. I don't have a paid Pandora account at all. Anywhere. When I listen on my Android phone I get ads. I don't when I use Pithos on my machine at home. Both without a paid account.
    Last edited by QIII; September 21st, 2014 at 06:17 AM.
    Please read The Forum Rules and The Forum Posting Guidelines

A thing discovered and kept to oneself must be discovered time and again by others. A thing discovered and shared with others need be discovered only the once.
    This universe is crazy. I'm going back to my own.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

I don't have a paid account, either. I've gone through periods where Pithos would play ads, but my experience is that generally, it doesn't.
    Jane, stop this crazy thing!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234