Thread: Compiz and Intel g33/g31 flickering screen

Beans

Compiz and Intel g33/g31 flickering screen

Hello, I have installed Ubuntu 10.04 on a PC Celeron dual core 2.5 GHz, and 2 GB of RAM. The integrated video is 82G33/G31, and I have problems with flickering screen when playing videos with Compiz enabled. Use the drivers from ppa glasen-intel-driver and had never experienced these problems. The only solution I find is to disable Compiz when I run a video. What is the problem? I tested the drivers of the x-swat ppa and xorg-edgers, but without results. Any help is welcome.

EDIT: I do not know why, but the screen flick even if I disable Compiz. Any suggest?

EDIT 2: I found that flicker problems occur with versions of xserver-xorg-video-intel > 2.2.9.1. The other versions I tried (2.2.14 and 2.2.15), generated these problems. Any ideas?
    Last edited by IvanW; December 21st, 2013 at 06:49 PM.

Beans

Re: Compiz and Intel g33/g31 flickering screen

Why are you installing Ubuntu 10.04? It has passed end of life. i.e no longer supported. Get an up to date version.

Beans

Re: Compiz and Intel g33/g31 flickering screen

Well ... I like this version. In fact, I installed version 12.04.1 (when I had only 1 GB of RAM), and it was not what I was expecting. So I went back to Lucid. Even without more support, remains the best version of this system that I have tried ... Thanks for the suggestion, but I want to stay with this version and let me know if I can solve this problem. Greetings!