Thread: snd_t4dwave - how to enable it?

Beans

snd_t4dwave - how to enable it?

Hi everybody,

I've install Xubuntu on an old PC, everything is working great apart the old Trident 4dwave-dx sound card. I googled for a solution and found this:

http://manpages.ubuntu.com/manpages/....4freebsd.html ( for saucy )

But I'm a medium beginner, how should I add it into modules or kernel conf otherwise loader.conf? I serached for these files but nothing.

Waiting for help

Thanks !

Beans

Re: snd_t4dwave - how to enable it ? Big help needed

Anyone ? I really need a solution.. :/

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Hi DJAlo,

The forums are not a good place for instant help. You need to wait 24 hours before bumping. You can try Ask Ubuntu which is visited more often, but you should understand that one of the realities of a community help model is that there are no sources of instantaneous help. Paying for Ubuntu support might get you that, although your question deals with old HW, so maybe not even there.

I know nothing about your chipset so can't help at all. I do know that your planned line of attack is very difficult, even for a medium beginner. Not many beginners go around compiling their own kernels no matter what level they are and I don't think it a realistic solution in your case either. I have no idea why you need a solution so quickly, but if you need a working system in short order, you would be better off buying a new sound card that is already supported in the kernel. Google turns up sound cards for as low as $20 available at your local computer store (eg Startech PCI CMI8738/PCI-SX). Knowing nothing about your system, that's the route I would go if I were you.

Beans

All right, I think I should switch to another distro ... Thanks anyway

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Re: snd_t4dwave - how to enable it?

Askubuntu is an option, as mentioned above, but not both.
    http://askubuntu.com/questions/39107...get-it-working

Closing the thread.
    Bringing old hardware back to life. About problems due to upgrading.
    Please visit Quick Links -> Unanswered Posts.
    Don't use this space for a list of your hardware. It only creates false hits in the search engines.