Thread: Skype problem

Beans

Skype problem

I installed the skype finaly after some hour trying, and now i locked the launcher to the side bar, but if I open it, he'll be blue and nothing happens, why is that ? ._. I have Ubuntu 12.04 64bit
    Last edited by a_nero; December 15th, 2013 at 04:13 AM. Reason: Writing fail

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: Skype problem

Skype is owned by Microsoft; I quit using it and do all my videochatting with Google Hangouts. It requires a plugin, but the sound and video, I think, beat Skype, and I have no worries about being "scroogled." (Yet another tone-deaf ad campaign from the originators of closed-source)

I drink my Ubuntu black, no sugar.
    Ubuntu user 28819

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

What way have you installed skype?.

As this link points, http://askubuntu.com/questions/28472...-04-lts-64-bit it seems there is problems with 64 bits installation. From this same link, there are various possible fixes, see the "answers" part of the link, specially answer 5 seems to work

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by oldrocker99 View Post
    Skype is owned by Microsoft; I quit using it and do all my videochatting with Google Hangouts. It requires a plugin, but the sound and video, I think, beat Skype, and I have no worries about being "scroogled." (Yet another tone-deaf ad campaign from the originators of closed-source)
    I suggest you re-install it again like this:
    1- In Terminal:
    Code:
    sudo gedit /etc/apt/sources.list
    and here uncomment (if commented) the lines that add software from Canonical Partners (two lines).

2- In Terminal:
    Code:
    sudo apt-get update
    sudo apt-get install skype
    If this didn't work, report any error messages you get here.