Thread: Access to cevans (pre-SSO account)

cevans2 is offline Ubuntu Green Coffee Beans
    Beans

Access to cevans (pre-SSO account)

In coming here to ask a question about problems with SSO on the community wiki, I find myself needing assistance with SSO problems here too... such is the problem, I suppose, with being away for a long time.

cevans, with member number 4033, is my old account here. I'm not currently receiving PM notifications from it, so I'm not sure what email it's under, but it should be an email with the evanslabs.org or costinet.org domains, both of which are mine (you can check whois if you'd like), or a gmail account with my name as the username.

Thank you for your assistance!

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 15.04 Vivid Vervet

Re: Access to cevans (pre-SSO account)

The email registered to the cevans forum account is a costinet.org one. The best way of doing this is for you to set this as preferred in your Ubuntu One account. Post back when you have done this and I or another admin will then disassociate this account from Ubuntu One, after which you will be able to log into the cevans account. If for any reason you are unable to set the costinet account in Ubuntu One, post back and we'll do this another way.

Please do not PM me about your forum account unless you have been asked to. The correct place to contact an admin about your account is here.

cevans2 is offline Ubuntu Green Coffee Beans
    Beans

I've changed the preferred email there to <snip> at that domain, which is what I assume is the email for the forum account. If it isn't, as I have quite a few aliases at that domain, please let me know and I'll change it to the correct account; I don't mind the account being mentioned here. Thank you for dealing with this.
    Last edited by coffeecat; December 15th, 2013 at 08:56 PM. Reason: removed partial email address

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 15.04 Vivid Vervet

I've disassociated this forum account from Ubuntu One. Try logging out from the forum and in again now. You should be OK. I'll edit your post to remove the local part of the email address that you posted for confidentiality. Forum admins will still be able to read the unedited post.

Please do not PM me about your forum account unless you have been asked to. The correct place to contact an admin about your account is here.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

This account seems to be disassociated with SSO. You should re-link w/ cevans when you sign out and back in...
    Linux User #415691 Ubuntu User #8629
    Iowa Team (LoCo): [Wiki] [Launchpad]
    IRC channel: #ubuntu-us-ia on irc.freenode.net

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Slow typing again...
    Linux User #415691 Ubuntu User #8629
    Iowa Team (LoCo): [Wiki] [Launchpad]
    IRC channel: #ubuntu-us-ia on irc.freenode.net