Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: From Xubuntu to Ubuntu testing

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: From Xubuntu to Ubuntu testing

Quote Originally Posted by Elfy View Post
    sorry - my bad, I had similar corruption at login screen - resorted to camera in the end
    No bad, I skim most posts too.

I'm not into digital cameras, and I gave my Droid smartphone to one of my son-in-laws, so for now, I have a regular cell phone with a great slide out QUERTY keyboard, but, a really, really crappy camera.

I tried to take a pic of the windows borders, but the resolution is not good enough to pick them up clearly. Anyway, like I said, I'll keep the partition, and will continue to update it. If anything changes, I'll post an update here in this thread.
    Last edited by OrangeCrate; January 13th, 2014 at 12:10 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Update:

The rendering problem with the borders seems to be a ghost in the machine for my T400. Xubuntu 12.04 is not a problem on my T43, and Xubuntu 14.04 is not a problem on my X220. Oh well, such is life.

Moving on...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Just a casual comment...

I was looking at a bug report on Launchpad this morning, and I noticed an unusual number of "me too" posts after the bug had been confirmed. I would hope that people would realize that "piling on" to bug reports with those type of posts is considered poor etiquette, but, apparently not.

I'm always busy doing other things, but, when I have the time to research something I've noticed on a development release, I always seem to be tail end Charlie. I don't have any exotic bits and pieces on or in my computers, so, I have found, that when I do see a bug, by the time I look at it, many times it's been kicked to death on Launchpad.

Personally, if I see that the bug has been confirmed, I just move on, and I would hope others would adopt this method of bug hunting. Reading the stickies at the top of this forum, which provide some guidance on what, when, why, where, and how, of all things testing related, would be most helpful for people wanting to be involved with the testing process. Searching out other articles, and wiki entries, would be helpful too.
    Last edited by OrangeCrate; January 26th, 2014 at 12:06 PM.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

If I run into a bug report that affects me, I usually just click the affects me too link, then if I want to add a comment I do that too. I also subscribe to bugs that affects my system, so that I can keep an eye on what is happening as far as the bug is concerned.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Quote Originally Posted by cariboo907 View Post
    If I run into a bug report that affects me, I usually just click the affects me too link, then if I want to add a comment I do that too. I also subscribe to bugs that affects my system, so that I can keep an eye on what is happening as far as the bug is concerned.
    Those are good ideas, thanks for posting.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeCrate View Post
    Update:

The rendering problem with the borders seems to be a ghost in the machine for my T400. Xubuntu 12.04 is not a problem on my T43, and Xubuntu 14.04 is not a problem on my X220. Oh well, such is life.

Moving on...

I downloaded and installed the 2/4 Xubuntu 14.04 daily, to check if there were still problems with the borders on my T400. There are, so I'll try again closer to release.
    Last edited by OrangeCrate; February 7th, 2014 at 12:12 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

According to the following Xubuntu blog post, threads/posts like these are unappreciated, so, I'm marking this thread "solved".

While testing the developer versions in any way possible is a great idea, there isn’t much benefit in messages telling us Xubuntu works on machine X, or there were no problems with upgrading machine Y.
    http://xubuntu.org/blog/

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu Development Release

Threads like this are appreciated

I'd not post in them if they weren't. The blog post is a general push to try and get reports of bugs is all.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Quote Originally Posted by Elfy View Post
    Threads like this are appreciated

I'd not post in them if they weren't. The blog post is a general push to try and get reports of bugs is all.
    Nice of you to say Elfy, but, this thread is done. Good luck with the balance of your dev cycle.
    Last edited by OrangeCrate; February 17th, 2014 at 05:31 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeCrate View Post
    Nice of you to say Elfy, but, this thread is done. Good luck with the balance of your dev cycle.
    I lied.

For anyone that was following this thread, with a similar rendering issue, I downloaded yesterday's daily of Xubuntu 14.04, and the odd looking borders are finally gone (an ongoing problem since 13.04).

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast