Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 33

Thread: From Xubuntu to Ubuntu testing

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Beta Testing in Canada
    Beans
    6,721
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

    Re: From Xubuntu to Ubuntu testing

    Quote Originally Posted by Elfy View Post
    It increased a bit - at the last check we'd had 7 people (not counting me) report results.

    I test xubuntu all the time .. but that does not mean I always report results.
    This is Rolling Release
    Warnings for New Beta Testers& Helpful Terminal Commands:
    Running 15.10 on Mobo: MSI model: B85-G41 PC Mate(MS-7850) v: 1.0

  2. #12
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    The New Forest
    Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu Development Release

    Re: From Xubuntu to Ubuntu testing

    Quote Originally Posted by ventrical View Post
    I test xubuntu all the time .. but that does not mean I always report results.
    I'd guess that other's do the same - however as far as we are concerned - the only count we have is tracker reports - the numbers of people testing is very low.

    Edit - mind you - after looking at the results for other flavours - it seems we get the best results, Ubuntu is less too, though I'd guess this is tempered by the autopilot testing which is skewed in their favour.

    So perhaps after all it's a bit more than I thought ...
    Last edited by Elfy; January 12th, 2014 at 07:17 AM.

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    New York, NY
    Beans
    1,287
    Distro
    Ubuntu 15.04 Vivid Vervet

    Re: From Xubuntu to Ubuntu testing

    I'm using 14.04 (with unity) as my main, everyday system and in fact have nothing else and it has been VERY reliable except for the small glitches we all have been experiencing and i could not agree more with OrangeCrate's comments...i think it is going to an EXCELLENT release...and yep, everything is very fast...even the web surfing i have noticed...it's like everything is on steroids

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    USA
    Beans
    1,271
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

    Re: From Xubuntu to Ubuntu testing

    Quote Originally Posted by craig10x View Post
    I'm using 14.04 (with unity) as my main, everyday system and in fact have nothing else and it has been VERY reliable except for the small glitches we all have been experiencing and i could not agree more with OrangeCrate's comments...i think it is going to an EXCELLENT release...and yep, everything is very fast...even the web surfing i have noticed...it's like everything is on steroids
    I got a bit long winded with my last post (#10), so, I just shortened it up a bit. Glad to hear others are sharing similar experiences to mine. I'm leaving on another two week trip tomorrow, and I've decided to try another computer to further put 14.04 through it's paces. This one will start with the 1/11 daily, on a 30 GB partition cut out of my Core i5 Lenovo X220 (also with an onboard Intel chipset). I do have Windows 7 on this laptop, but, I won't use it, unless Trusty borks for some reason, which I certainly don't expect.

    I'll update this thread again sometime...

  5. #15
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    The New Forest
    Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu Development Release

    Re: From Xubuntu to Ubuntu testing

    Nice to see you in and out reporting on using trusty in the real world

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    USA
    Beans
    1,271
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

    Re: From Xubuntu to Ubuntu testing

    Quote Originally Posted by Elfy View Post
    Nice to see you in and out reporting on using trusty in the real world
    Thanks.

    I'm typing this from a stick loaded with the 1/11 Xubuntu daily. I mentioned early on in this dev cycle, in another thread, that I was having problems with goofy borders on windows with Xubuntu on both 14.04 and 13.10. I didn't read that anyone from the Nvidia crowd was having a similar problem, so, I assume it was Intel related. It was easy to replicate by just using the OS, but, everytime I tried to take a screenshot of them, they'd disappear when I opened the screenshot program. I don't have this issue with Ubuntu, just Xubuntu.

    I'll play with this for a while, and if I don't have the problem today, I'll go ahead and install this daily on the T400, along with Ubuntu, and I will take them both with me on this next trip, and leave the X220 at home. Because it has Windows on it, my wife uses that one more than me anyway.

    Later...

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    USA
    Beans
    1,271
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

    Re: From Xubuntu to Ubuntu testing

    Quote Originally Posted by OrangeCrate View Post
    Thanks.

    I'm typing this from a stick loaded with the 1/11 Xubuntu daily. I mentioned early on in this dev cycle, in another thread, that I was having problems with goofy borders on windows with Xubuntu on both 14.04 and 13.10. I didn't read that anyone from the Nvidia crowd was having a similar problem, so, I assume it was Intel related. It was easy to replicate by just using the OS, but, everytime I tried to take a screenshot of them, they'd disappear when I opened the screenshot program. I don't have this issue with Ubuntu, just Xubuntu.

    I'll play with this for a while, and if I don't have the problem today, I'll go ahead and install this daily on the T400, along with Ubuntu, and I will take them both with me on this next trip, and leave the X220 at home. Because it has Windows on it, my wife uses that one more than me anyway.

    Later...
    I didn't see them on the USB drive, so, I went ahead and installed, and, they're still there. For the time being, Xubuntu is a no go for me to use on a daily basis. I'll leave the partition on the machine until we hit final, to see if the situation sorts itself out...
    Last edited by OrangeCrate; January 12th, 2014 at 10:47 AM.

  8. #18
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    The New Forest
    Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu Development Release

    Re: From Xubuntu to Ubuntu testing

    Quote Originally Posted by OrangeCrate View Post
    I didn't see them on the USB drive, so, I went ahead and installed, and, they're still there. For the time being, Xubuntu is a no go for me to use on a daily basis. I'll leave the partition on the machine until we hit final, to see if the situation sorts itself out...
    screenshot of what you mean when you get time will help

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    USA
    Beans
    1,271
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

    Re: From Xubuntu to Ubuntu testing

    Quote Originally Posted by OrangeCrate View Post
    Thanks.

    I'm typing this from a stick loaded with the 1/11 Xubuntu daily. I mentioned early on in this dev cycle, in another thread, that I was having problems with goofy borders on windows with Xubuntu on both 14.04 and 13.10. I didn't read that anyone from the Nvidia crowd was having a similar problem, so, I assume it was Intel related. It was easy to replicate by just using the OS, but, everytime I tried to take a screenshot of them, they'd disappear when I opened the screenshot program. I don't have this issue with Ubuntu, just Xubuntu.

    I'll play with this for a while, and if I don't have the problem today, I'll go ahead and install this daily on the T400, along with Ubuntu, and I will take them both with me on this next trip, and leave the X220 at home. Because it has Windows on it, my wife uses that one more than me anyway.

    Later...
    Quote Originally Posted by Elfy View Post
    screenshot of what you mean when you get time will help
    See my comment above.

  10. #20
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    The New Forest
    Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu Development Release

    Re: From Xubuntu to Ubuntu testing

    sorry - my bad, I had similar corruption at login screen - resorted to camera in the end

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •