Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Graphics/Pixelation - Packard Bell EasyNote Laptop

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: Graphics/Pixelation - Packard Bell EasyNote Laptop

[Sorry if I repeat what was written in earlier posts]

- Have you tried running the computer in text mode (to test if it is an issue with the graphics chip)?

- Is there a difference between versions (12.04 LTS versus 13.10)? Or some completely different distro?

- Of course it could also be that some electronic component is failing and causing the overheating.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Gnome Development Release

Re: Graphics/Pixelation - Packard Bell EasyNote Laptop

Quote Originally Posted by sudodus View Post
    [Sorry if I repeat what was written in earlier posts]

- Have you tried running the computer in text mode (to test if it is an issue with the graphics chip)?
    It happened when I was testing the RAM with the memory test specially when the machine got hot.

- Is there a difference between versions (12.04 LTS versus 13.10)? Or some completely different distro?
    Lubuntu 13.10 was the only system I tried and installed. I don't want to format and re-install anything else. Lubuntu as you know has 'no' LTS version anyway.

- Of course it could also be that some electronic component is failing and causing the overheating.
    Why would that happen when the temp is above 50c ???

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Gnome Development Release

Post Re: Graphics/Pixelation - Packard Bell EasyNote Laptop

Hi,

I'm sorry, I forgot to update this thread.

Summary or wrap up post:
    1- The issue is back again.
    2- The owner of the laptop didn't wish to carry on with any further step. She said "Don't waste more time on it. You have done already more than what you supposed to do." and she thanked me for everything and decided to leave it as it is.
    3- I insisted to keep trying perhaps with different system or older Kernel version (in case) - I was thinking about Xubuntu 12.04.3 but she didn't wish that.

So, I guess I shall mark this as SOLVED but PLEASE NOTE it is NOT solved. I have done all what I could when the laptop was with me and that didn't help.

Thank you for everything!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12