Hello, I am having some major problems with networking after the latest system updates.
I searched a lot before posting and tried several solutions but am stuck because nothing worked.
On 13.04 everything was working flawlessly, then i updated to 13.10 and some problems started.
Image 13.11.0-13 generic
- wired connection established but network manager is stuck at "connecting", need to power off/on router then everything works fine
Image 13.11.0-14 generic
- No network connection at all. eth0 isn't detected, no eth0 device so no wired connection available in manager
- ping obviously doesn't work and manually starting dhcp client gives eth0 not found.
- iconfig only sees lo network and no eth
It is a desktop pc without wireless adapter so i canno't test if that is working.
Booting on win7 and from android phone everything works fine, so router settings are probably ruled out.
I don't use a fixed ip but it is well in the router's range. Ufw and router fw are both disabled.
The solutions I tried so far:
- add auto eth to networkInterfaces
- disabled ipv6
- removed and reinstalled network-manager package and -dbg package
- renamed udev net rules to avoid possible permissions conflict with other rule
- disabled iwlwifi in modprobe
None of the above worked, I am starting to believe that rather than a configuration problem it could be a missing driver in the latest update?
I desperately need help as this is a pretty major inconvenience and do not know what solutions to try anymore