Thread: check disk on every startup

Beans

check disk on every startup

Hi,
    I've this problem for a while that every time I boot the system it starts to check disk. I've tried to figure it out from previous forums but none of the approaches worked for me. It is not something scheduled. and if I skip it for a couple of times, after the startup screen I just get to the terminal without any graphic!!!
    I checked my fstab and there is this error in it
    UUID=a6cfa831-5938-47c8-bf94-8450eef649b1 / ext2 errors=remount-ro 0 1
    In some forum people say it is the way it meant to be, but I'm suspicous to this.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: check disk on every startup

Quote Originally Posted by anishtain4 View Post
    Hi,
    I've this problem for a while that every time I boot the system it starts to check disk. I've tried to figure it out from previous forums but none of the approaches worked for me. It is not something scheduled. and if I skip it for a couple of times, after the startup screen I just get to the terminal without any graphic!!!
    In some forum people say it is the way it meant to be, but I'm suspicous to this.
    Hi, what version of Ubuntu are you using?

Is there a specific reason for using ext2 as your root filesystem?

Beans

Can you also show us the output of the command
    Code:
    sudo tune2fs -l /dev/sda#
    where sda# is your root partition.
    DISTRO: Xubuntu 12.04-64bit --- Boot-Repair --- Grub2 wiki & Grub2 Basics --- RootSudo

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Gnome Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by anishtain4 View Post
    Hi,
    Hi,

I have never faced this issue before but I'm wondering how did you install your system? is it the only installed system? are you dual-booting? it happens everytime you turn your machine ON? what if you reboot while the machine is ON, still see this check?