Thread: Kodak esp c315

Beans

Kodak esp c315

i have not been able to locate a driver for my printer it is a kodak esp c315

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander

Re: how do i find a driver for my kodak printer

You can try via Systemsettings>Printers and then click "Add Printer"
    Or download the driver from here:
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/cupsdriverkodak/files/
    Dutch speaking; understand English, writing is a bit difficult. Member of: http://forum.ubuntu-nl.org
    be Open be Free be Ubuntu Reg. User #485479
    Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander - Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 15.04 Vivid Vervet

Re: Kodak esp c315

If you have ubuntu 12.04 or later you should not need to download anything from sourceforge. Rather install the package c2esp from the ubuntu repository (normally it is installed by default) then make a printer queue using something like: settings manager>Printers.

Beans

Regarding post from paulnewall -
    "If you have ubuntu 12.04 or later you should not need to download anything from sourceforge. Rather install the package c2esp from the ubuntu repository (normally it is installed by default) then make a printer queue using something like: settings manager>Printers." - I am using Lubuntu 14 - how do I know if c2esp is installed - or do I just take for granted that it is and go to manage printers?

What I have done so far is to go through the manage printer option - did not see any esp as a selection when I first selected "Kodak". I downloaded an Esp ppd file from Sourceforge - but when I let the printer manager know where the file is and I run a test print - I am prompted there is no ppd file installed. any ideas on what to do next to get my Kodak ESP 2170 series printer installed?

Thank You

Beans
    Distro

Sometimes there is a manufacturer "eastman kodak" as opposed to "kodak" that has the esp printers

Beans
    Distro

Try the ppd for the printer hero 9.1 if you cannot find one for the esp 2170