Thread: Using MAKE and CMAKE for FreeCAD and Open Cascade (OCE)

Beans
    Hidden!

Using MAKE and CMAKE for FreeCAD and Open Cascade (OCE)

Ubuntu 12.04

I am attempting to compile FreeCAD and OpenCascade (OCE) together as recommended. None of the tutorials I have found are complete. They all include statements like, "Now just compile them together!" On the FreeCAD forum, they (understandably) don't have time to show me how to do it.

CMAKE does not appear to have a forum as it is owned by Kitware, and they want to make money by consulting.
    So far, I haven't been able to find a forum for MAKE either.

I am new to compiling, cross-compiling, CMAKE, and MAKE. Where do I begin?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Using MAKE and CMAKE for FreeCAD and Open Cascade (OCE)

Quote Originally Posted by fester225 View Post
    On the FreeCAD forum, they (understandably) don't have time to show me how to do it.
    Fester, why would you write that when the last time you posted a request on the FreeCAD forum was more than a year ago? There are currently a few experienced and active forum members who do just that and would be more than happy to help. But please understand that it may not solve all your problems. The latest versions of OCC/OCE still have bugs and end users like us have no choice but to learn to work around them. We'll be happy to provide tips and workarounds.

Please note that the forum was migrated back in November, it's no longer on Sourceforge. The new link is http://forum.freecadweb.org/

To recover your old FreeCAD forum account (fester2251 I believe, unless you are not the person I think you are! ), send me a PM here and I'll mail you the details (I'm a forum admin now - my forum handle there is normandc).

Cheers

Gemnoc AKA normandc