Thread: different username

Beans

different username

Hello:
    Can I kindly ask an admin to change my username to “skywalk" ?
    The reason is that I logged in with my Ubuntu One account and I didn't know my name and surname were going to appear.
    "skywalk" was always my username in Ubuntu Forums.
    Many thanks!
    Kind regards from Barcelona

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Re: different username

We can't change this account name to skywalk because there is already a forum account called skywalk, and my guess is that it's your old one. The reason the system created a new account is that you used an email in Ubuntu One different from the gmail in the skywalk account. If the gmail is still active, set it as preferred in your Ubuntu One account and then post back, after which an admin will disassociate this account from Ubuntu One so that you can log into skywalk.

If the gmail used in skywalk is not longer active, post back anyway and we'll do this another way.
    Ubuntu 20.04 Desktop Guide - Ubuntu 22.04 Desktop Guide - Forum Guide to BBCode - Using BBCode code tags

Member: Not Canonical Team

If you need help with your forum account, such as SSO login issues, username changes, etc, the correct place to contact an admin is here. Please do not PM me about these matters unless you have been asked to - unsolicited PMs concerning forum accounts will be ignored.

Beans

I changed the default email in UbuntuOne to one of gmail.
    Thanks in advance.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

If you've done that - try logging out and in to theforum now.

I've disassociated this account now.

Once you're logged in to skywalk - PM me from there and I can do this accounts username so it's a random string.