Thread: Hang on installer

Beans

Hang on installer

Dear All,

I am planning to install a VM Host with VGA passthought to a Guest VM.

I created a USB stick for Ubuntu Server 13.10 installation.

However it "hang" on the language selection screen.

I guess the installer could not recognize the USB keyboard and mouse.
    How could I add the usb support into installer?

I am using Asrock FM2A85X-ITX, A10-5700. May be it is caused by AMD chipset?

Thank you very much.

Beans

Re: Hang on installer

Do any one kindly give me a hints of solution?

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

No just you, I also have problems in 13.10 (Kubuntu) for not detecting keyboard and mouse. My problem wasn't solved though. But I suggest you try Ubuntu 12.04 LTS, it is supported until 2017 and it should be the first choice when it comes to server version (unless you want to wait for 14.04).

Anyway, just to make sure that the ISO or USB stick has the complete files, have you tried to install it on a different machine? It it also fails, then you should re-download or "re-burn" the ISO.
    Last edited by nerdtron; December 5th, 2013 at 08:30 AM.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by nerdtron View Post
    No just you, I also have problems in 13.10 (Kubuntu) for not detecting keyboard and mouse. My problem wasn't solved though. But I suggest you try Ubuntu 12.04 LTS, it is supported until 2017 and it should be the first choice when it comes to server version (unless you want to wait for 14.04).

Anyway, just to make sure that the ISO or USB stick has the complete files, have you tried to install it on a different machine? It it also fails, then you should re-download or "re-burn" the ISO.
    Thank you for the information. I am thinking it is my problem of lack knowledge but never though it is a unsolved problem.

I tried to re-burn the usb with different bootable USB creator but without any luck to detect the K/M.

Does the 12.04 support usb K/M at install time?
    Since it will be my VM host. I need 3.x kernel, I hope I will know how to upgrade it.

Thank you very much.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Do you have a working network connection, and if so which mirror are you choosing during the install process?

Beans

I download it from Server -> Overview ->Download Ubuntu Server -> Get Ubuntu 13.10.

It direct me to http://www.ubuntu.com/download/serve...release=latest
    The image should be downloaded from http://www.ubuntu.com/start-download...release=latest