Thread: I am so in awe of Ubuntu

Beans

I am so in awe of Ubuntu

I have used Ubuntu for some years now (Saucy), but have never posted on any forum, I would not change to any other OS. Here's why. Every day I learn something new. There is ALWAYS a solution to any problem or need. Half the fun is in finding answers.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: I am so in awe of Ubuntu

The journey can be fun, indeed.
    Splat Double Splat Triple Splat
    Earn Your Keep
    Don't mind me, I'm only passing through.
    Once in a blue moon, I'm actually helpful

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Thread moved to Ubuntu, Linux and OS Chat, since it's not a support thread.
    BACKUPS are unsexy — until you discover you should have done one yesterday.
    Spare your nerves and do one before you upgrade or install.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate 18.04 Bionic Beaver

Quote Originally Posted by Tibs1 View Post
    I have used Ubuntu for some years now (Saucy), but have never posted on any forum, I would not change to any other OS. Here's why. Every day I learn something new. There is ALWAYS a solution to any problem or need. Half the fun is in finding answers.

I agree, I have been using Ubuntu since 8.04 LTS and I just could not see me using any other distribution.
    We all know Linux is great... it does infinite loops in 5 seconds.
    - Linus Torvald

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

I've been using Arch for quite some time now. I love how fast and responsive my system is with it. Even my aging Acer Aspire 7541 laptop seems to zing with Arch installed on it. Lately I've been growing tired of all of the tweaking and configuring that you need to with Arch though. Over the last several days I've been installing different distros in VirtualBox to try to find a good replacement candidate. I wasn't really planning on even giving Ubuntu chance at first but I installed several different distros, i.e. OpenSuSe, Fedora, Debian, Mint(Cinnamon and Mate), Kubuntu and Mageia which is actually currently installed on my laptop at the moment. Anyhow, none of them felt like a good fit. On a whim I went ahead and downloaded Ubuntu and installed it in VirtualBox and played with it for a bit. I wasn't quite feeling at home with Unity at first as I've predominately used KDE since the beginning of my adventures in Linux which date back to the mid 90's with Slackware. Well I've been having a horrible time trying to get rid of the awful screen tears that seem to plague KDE with the proprietary NVidia drivers installed and instead of installing Gnome and going through all of the configuration and tweaking to get everything running nice and smooth, I decided to go ahead and install Ubuntu. It didn't take too much time to get a feel for things and I am very pleased with it so far. It runs very smooth on my system and the screen tearing is non-existent, which makes me very happy! So after a few years hiatus from Ubuntu, I'm actually glad I gave it another chance. In fact, I'm going to install it on my laptop too.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

I have been using ubuntu from 9.04, before i did tried fedora, and I am quite still biased towards it. But, the end-user comfort level at OS, ubuntu has done excellent.
    And, after 12.04, I have no plans to switch to any-other distro ever.
    Thanks to Ubuntu and its community for excellent efforts and support.