Thread: Some issues with new 13.10 Saucy Salamander

Beans

Some issues with new 13.10 Saucy Salamander

Dear Ubuntu Studio community:

This is my first post in this community, so I must say sorry if I mistaken the right procedure or place to post.

I need help with the configuration of the new released Ubuntu Studio 13.10 Saucy Salamander. In general it works correctly but I have some minor issues, the most important of them are:

1/ I can not configure my menu, as I could do with the previous version. When I try to put a new program launcher in, I.E., Photography section or change it from one section to another, the configuration program fails and puts it in a new section tab named "others".

2/ My mouse, that worked O.K. with the previous version, shows a strange behavior: I can not use it in applications with submenus, because I have to put the pointer over a submenu, unplug its USB, plug it again, work on it, and this again to operate into a new sub-submenu. To change from one application to another I must try a complicated ritual of right and left clicking with the pointer put over different surfaces. The touchpad (I work on a laptop) works right, but I use to work with the mouse, I need it.

I know that both are different things, and I guess that the first comes from a recent release that will solve it soon, while the second one of my problems comes from a non adapted driver.

My computer is a Fujitsu-Siemens Amilo Pi 1536 with 2,5 GB of RAM and Intel Core 2 Duo T5500 1.66GHz
    The mouse is a Fujitsu S26381-k452-L100 with left and right buttons, wheel and press on wheel.
    My distribution is Ubuntu Studio 13.10 Saucy Salamander 64-bit, installed from an ISO image on an USB flash 16 GB memory stick (Toshiba) device.
    The only diference between this installation and the previous one is that before I had two partitions, one for Ubuntu Studio and the another one for Windows XP, and now, after a year on Ubuntu Studio, I decided to forget everything about Windows (and Mac/OS, that I had on another computer) and live free working on this wonderful and profesional-oriented OS.

Thank you in advance for your replies:
    Quico Álvarez.
    www.quicoalvarez.com
    Last edited by qavfoto; December 6th, 2013 at 09:47 AM.

Beans

Re: Some issues with new 13.10 Saucy Salamander

Well, it seems that the 2nd. problem disapeared by its own, after two days without working with the computer, mouse works just right, I do not know why.
    The 1st. problem persists, but as it is only "uncomfortable", I can live with it. There is another thread where this is commented:
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2166382