Thread: Bluetooth at start-up

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Gnome 13.10 Saucy Salamander

Bluetooth at start-up

I'm on 13.10 and recently connected a bluetooth mouse and keyboard.

I was shocked to find that on rebooting neither the mouse or keyboard connected, leaving me unable to log into the system.

Once logged in I could then open the bluetooth settings and connect them, but surely there must be a better way than having to do this every time I restart my machine.

Beans

Re: Bluetooth at start-up

Switch to auto log on for the time being, is this a logitech setup? you may need logitech's unifying reciever driver. Installing Solaar on Ubuntu requires the addition of the following PPA. It provides packages for Ubuntu 12.04 LTS up to 13.10.sudo add-apt-repository ppa:daniel.pavel/solaarsudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install solaarThose using GNOME Shell should swap the last command for:
    sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install solaar-gnome3Pre-built packages for other distributions, including Arch, OpenSUSE and Mageia, are also available from the project’s GitHub page.
    Once installed, Solaar can be launched from the Dash. You may need to remove and reinsert the receiver before it is detected by Solaar. Go to http://pwr.github.io/Solaar/devices.html for list of supported hardware
    good luck
    trag