Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What happens to the Ubuntu cheat sheet?

Beans

What happens to the Ubuntu cheat sheet?

I remember in 12.04 if you press the super key long enough there will be a list showing all the keyboard shortcuts. I notice that feature appears to be gone in 13.10. What happens? I think it is a good way to help new users, or do they believe that new users should only use LTS?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Re: What happens to the Ubuntu cheat sheet?

Works for me in 13.10.
    Ubuntu 20.04 Desktop Guide - Ubuntu 22.04 Desktop Guide - Forum Guide to BBCode - Using BBCode code tags

Member: Not Canonical Team

If you need help with your forum account, such as SSO login issues, username changes, etc, the correct place to contact an admin is here. Please do not PM me about these matters unless you have been asked to - unsolicited PMs concerning forum accounts will be ignored.

Beans

When I hold the super key in 13.10 I see numbers on the launcher icons in the unity bar.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

I see both. Have you changed any of the Unity plugin settings in ccsm, or have you installed another desktop?
    Ubuntu 20.04 Desktop Guide - Ubuntu 22.04 Desktop Guide - Forum Guide to BBCode - Using BBCode code tags

Member: Not Canonical Team

If you need help with your forum account, such as SSO login issues, username changes, etc, the correct place to contact an admin is here. Please do not PM me about these matters unless you have been asked to - unsolicited PMs concerning forum accounts will be ignored.

Beans

I have change some settings in ccsm. And it seems that it happens rather consistently for my two 13.10 and one 13.04 install. May be I have disabled the setting in the unity plugin that is responsible for this feature because of conflicts with other plugins. I am wondering which one..

Edited: strange. With my 13.04 installation I just open ccsm to go to Unity plugin then close ccsm, without doing anything and now the cheat sheet shows up. Will check the 13.10 installations when I go home..
    Last edited by monkeybrain20122; December 3rd, 2013 at 12:01 AM.

Beans

It doesn't work for me in 13.10. I checked ccsm's unity plugin and I didn't find anything unusual, a short press of the dash still brings up the dash but holding it only brings up number in the launcher but no help overlay. This guy has the same problem http://askubuntu.com/questions/36388...gs-up-the-help

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

The cheat sheet works for me on Trusty, except for setting the icon size to 28px and setting the launcher to auto-hide, it's a bone stock installation.

Beans

I believe it has to do with my workaround to fix the scale and edge flip plugins from this thread. http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2156531
    After disabling automatic sorting I have re-arranged the order of the plugins. I have no intention of putting my theory to the test and risk the frustration of setting it up again. I am just curious where the cheat sheet has gone. This workaround is not needed in 13.04 so the help overlay still loads (yeah one wonders what new workarounds would be required when 14.04 comes out. I doubt that the Compiz bugs will ever get fixed now that they are moving to Mir and Unity8)
    Last edited by monkeybrain20122; December 3rd, 2013 at 12:57 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Not working here either just numbers in launcher. This was an upgrade to 13.10 not clean install.

I've only enabled wobbly windows nothing else tweaked.

I'll try resetting unity and compiz to default.

[edit] yep that fixed it.

Code:
    dconf reset -f /org/compiz/
    Then

Code:
    setsid unity
    (Moved to General Help forum)
    Last edited by philinux; December 3rd, 2013 at 01:14 PM.

Beans

So does it still work if you re-enable wobbly windows?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast