Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Close / Minimise / Maximise buttons missing

  1. #1

    Unhappy Close / Minimise / Maximise buttons missing

    Hello,

    I'm new to this forums. This is my first post.
    I'm using Ubuntu 13.10. I know that the close / minimize and maximize buttons are hidden until we move our cursor to top left corner.
    from few days when I move my cursor to top it shows close/minimize/maximize buttons. But when I move cursor on to the buttons they hide again.
    SS1.jpg This SS shows that the buttons are visible when the cursor is in the rectangle region.

    SS2.jpg This SS shows that the buttons are hidden when the cursor is at top left corner ( Rectangular region )

    It happens in all windows i.e. chromium, Mozilla, file browser, etc.
    How to solve this problem?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    michigan, usa
    Beans
    40
    Distro
    Lubuntu

    Re: Close / Minimise / Maximise buttons missing

    You might try changing the theme in system>appearance>themes. Toggle to one and then back. Supposedly its a redraw problem.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Athens, Alabama
    Beans
    630
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

    Re: Close / Minimise / Maximise buttons missing

    Have you tried resetting your unity?
    Code:
    unity --reset
    After this is completed restart your computer and see if this fixes your issue.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Mystletainn Kick!
    Beans
    5,035
    Distro
    Ubuntu

    Re: Close / Minimise / Maximise buttons missing

    Grab the top bar of the window and drag it down so it becomes a non max window, then drag it back to the top to remaximize it.
    Do you have buttons again, or no?
    Splat Double Splat Triple Splat
    Earn Your Keep
    Don't mind me, I'm only passing through.
    Once in a blue moon, I'm actually helpful
    .

  5. #5

    Re: Close / Minimise / Maximise buttons missing

    Quote Originally Posted by thatredbird View Post
    You might try changing the theme in system>appearance>themes. Toggle to one and then back. Supposedly its a redraw problem.
    I tried but no use.

  6. #6

    Re: Close / Minimise / Maximise buttons missing

    Quote Originally Posted by daslinkard View Post
    Have you tried resetting your unity?
    Code:
    unity --reset
    After this is completed restart your computer and see if this fixes your issue.
    It happens every time. I mean after 30-40 minutes of using PC.
    I cant restart for every 30-40 minutes.

  7. #7

    Re: Close / Minimise / Maximise buttons missing

    Quote Originally Posted by deadflowr View Post
    Grab the top bar of the window and drag it down so it becomes a non max window, then drag it back to the top to remaximize it.
    Do you have buttons again, or no?
    No.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Mystletainn Kick!
    Beans
    5,035
    Distro
    Ubuntu

    Re: Close / Minimise / Maximise buttons missing

    Quote Originally Posted by raghavender-reddy2410 View Post
    No.
    When you dragged the window down, did the buttons show up in the window title bar, as they should?
    Splat Double Splat Triple Splat
    Earn Your Keep
    Don't mind me, I'm only passing through.
    Once in a blue moon, I'm actually helpful
    .

  9. #9

    Re: Close / Minimise / Maximise buttons missing

    Quote Originally Posted by deadflowr View Post
    When you dragged the window down, did the buttons show up in the window title bar, as they should?
    ya

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Beans
    35

    Re: Close / Minimise / Maximise buttons missing

    get rid of unity and install gnome-session-fallback. personally I don't like unity at all; I think it was meant to be for touch screens.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •