Thread: Vanilla install not working

Beans

Vanilla install not working

I have installed a vanilla 12.04.3 Mythbuntu x64 onto my machine, no updates, no anything. I configured the tuner(s) *exactly* the same way I have so many times before (Updates seem to wreak havoc on me....). However, on a VANILLA install, when I start the frontend, and try to watch TV, the black screen with 'Please Wait..' appears for a split second, and disappears, leaving me back at the menus.

Has anyone else ever experienced this? What the heck is going wrong? Its completely frustrating me, and most baffling to say the LEAST

Thanks,
    Dan

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Vanilla install not working

Quote Originally Posted by dan.midthun View Post
    I have installed a vanilla 12.04.3 Mythbuntu x64 onto my machine, no updates, no anything. I configured the tuner(s) *exactly* the same way I have so many times before (Updates seem to wreak havoc on me....). However, on a VANILLA install, when I start the frontend, and try to watch TV, the black screen with 'Please Wait..' appears for a split second, and disappears, leaving me back at the menus.

Has anyone else ever experienced this? What the heck is going wrong? Its completely frustrating me, and most baffling to say the LEAST

Thanks,
    Dan
    If you configured it exactly the same way you've previously done it, then I would suggest it's hardware failure. However, you probably didn't do everything exactly the same, the fact that updates seem to wreak havoc on you also points to some sort of user error.

But, it's really hard to help here without at least some details, how about a backend log?
    *Don't PM me directly for support, open a new thread
    *Looking for a MythTV quick start guide?

Beans

Re: Vanilla install not working

SO!, after many hours of talking on the phone and 'troubleshooting' with the idiots at Comcast... I thought to call the CableCard Dept. They had to remove the pairing of the tuner and card, re-pair them, and re-map the channels..... Oh and then it started working. I never thought to check the logs on the cablecard tuner, which is where i started noticing that my subscribed channels were 'NOT SUBSCRIBED" ... ugh.