Thread: Thought I did it right, but got a new username...

Beans

Thought I did it right, but got a new username...

I was RideMan for a long time, and that is the name that shows up on the SSO login page, but the forum says I'm dave65 now. I THOUGHT I had updated my email address...

I now have exactly three posts (including this one) as dave65. It doesn't much matter whether I can get access to the old account and abandon this one, or abandon the old one and update this one, but I'd kind of like to get my name back...

--Dave

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: Thought I did it right, but got a new username...

The only way of using the RideMan username is to get you back into that account which is our preferred way of doing things.

The email you used in Ubuntu One did not match the email in the RideMan account which has "capital" as part of the domain. If that email is still active, set it as preferred in Ubuntu One and then post back again after which an admin will disassociate this account from Ubuntu One which will allow you to log into RideMan. If that email is not still active and you can't set it in Ubuntu One, post back and we'll do this another way.

Please do not PM me about your forum account unless you have been asked to. The correct place to contact an admin about your account is here.

Beans

I was afraid of that. I thought I had updated my email address ages ago, but apparently I did not.

Getting back into that account and abandoning this one would be just fine, but obviously I need help doing it.

That email is no longer valid. Let me know what kind of verification I can supply. It's also far from secret so I have no problem posting it here, but if you would prefer a private message, just let me know where to send it.

Thanks!

--Dave Althoff, Jr.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

It's best to do this by pm. PM me with the full "capital" email address as a security check and I'll adjust some configurations which will get you back into the RideMan account.

Please do not PM me about your forum account unless you have been asked to. The correct place to contact an admin about your account is here.