Thread: Samsung Galaxy S3

Beans

Samsung Galaxy S3

I installed the ubuntu 1 app on my Galaxay s3, and can easily access my computer files, However when a file is downloaded and I try to open it says file cannot be opened. The files are text

files created with pluma.

Anyone know what the cause may be? Or is there another way to view the file its self?

I found the problem without a .txt nothing will open it.
    Last edited by rosswmcgee; November 30th, 2013 at 10:38 PM.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Samsung Galaxy S3

Moved to the Ubuntu One sub-forum, as this was in the wrong place.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by rosswmcgee View Post
    I installed the ubuntu 1 app on my Galaxay s3, and can easily access my computer files, However when a file is downloaded and I try to open it says file cannot be opened. The files are text

files created with pluma.

Anyone know what the cause may be? Or is there another way to view the file its self?

I found the problem without a .txt nothing will open it.
    Pluma? must be running mint on your computer.
    Try right click open with gedit( might also have to install gedit)
    Hope this helps I have not tried ubuntu 1 app yet so I'm guessing.
    Regards
    “Those who desire to give up freedom in order to gain security will not have, nor do they deserve, either one" Benjamin Franklin

Beans

Hey rosswmcgee.

While Linux does not require you to have file extensions to open files automatically, FAT file systems do. This includes your SIII. The easiest solution is to save your files with the '.txt' extension when you create them on your computer. You will also need a text editor/reader for your phone, something like Text Edit. After installing the program you should be able to download your txt file from Ubuntu One and open it from within the Ubuntu One app (Setting the editor/reader as default while you are at it). If it still doesn’t let you open the file after downloading it, try finding it in the file explorer under the folder u1 and open it with the editor from there, it should let you set the default and then it should work from Ubuntu One.