Thread: RT3090 fails to connect

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu

RT3090 fails to connect

I have an RT3090 that I'm trying to get to work but having a really difficult time. I've researched and found a lot of topic regarding this device but could not find the solution.

When I execute iwlist wlan1 scan on terminal, for the most part, I would say 98% of the time, it will give me No scan result. The other two percent , it will give me a result with my router info. The only thing I notice that is suspicious is the quality of he signal. Considering I am only 5 feet away from the router, I am getting a 21/70 quality.

Other than that, the device is detected with the right driver installed.

sudo lshw -C network gives me:
    *-network
    description: Wireless interface
    product: RT3090 Wireless 802.11n 1T/1R PCIe
    vendor: Ralink corp.
    physical id: 0
    bus info: pci@0000:05:00.0
    logical name: wlan1
    version: 00
    serial: 1c:65:9d:be:cd:78
    width: 32 bits
    clock: 33MHz
    capabilities: pm msi pciexpress bus_master cap_list ethernet physical wireless
    configuration: broadcast=yes driver=rt2800pci driverversion=3.11.0-12-generic firmware=0.34 latency=0 link=no multicast=yes wireless=IEEE 802.11bgn
    resources: irq:49 memory:febf0000-febfffff
    Any suggestions will be great. Any other info you need, just let me know. Thanks in advance

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: RT3090 fails to connect

This is one of the cards that scare me because of the hopeless dead ends they sometimes lead me to. But since no one else picked it up, I think it is safe to post as a BUMP to the thread, as well as ask for more information. If still no one else with better experience with it picked it up, I may try my luck.

Please follow the "Wireless Script" link in my signature, download and run the script as per instructions there, and post back the report it generates.

While posting the outputs, please use 'Code' tags, not the 'Quote' tags that you used above. It preserves the output's formatting and makes the post cleaner, compact and more readable. To see a quick 'HowTo' with screenshots, please follow the "Using Code Tags" link in my signature.
    Varun
    Help others by marking threads as [SOLVED], if they are. (See how)
    Wireless Script | Use Code Tags
    Am I not replying your post? This is why.