Hi everyone,

I've been having problems with 12.04 hanging for several months now. It happens at random, but the chance of it happening appears to be increased when I play games using Wine or watch videos in VLC. It also seems to happen most frequently when I first turn the computer on each day - after a few crashes and restarts it seems to settle down and stabilise. When the computer crashes it just freezes and becomes completely unresponsive. If any audio is playing at the time of the crash, the last few milliseconds preceding it repeat in a loop. The only option is to manually turn the computer off using its power button.

I thought it was a hardware fault, and have been testing each component individually, sending them off for RMA, etc. I am now confident that no single component is faulty.

During a recent crash, something atypical happened, and a text interface appeared right before the crash. I was able to take some pictures of the screen and have posted them here in the hopes that someone can identify the cause of the crash from them. As you can see, there are references to kernel panic, which I assume is what leads to a crash, but I don't know what this means, what causes it, or how to fix it.

The pictures: http://imgur.com/a/nkYc2

If anyone could give me some insight into this ssue I would be most grateful. Many thanks.