Thread: Linking my new account to my old one

Beans

Linking my new account to my old one

Hello Mods,

OK, so I had an old Ubuntu Forums account, name was ResumeMan, profile here: http://ubuntuforums.org/member.php?u=326992

The email associated with this account was snip, and that's what I registered my Ubuntu One account with. I thought the accounts were supposed to automatically merge but it doesn't seem to have happened.

A little help to get everything synced up would be appreciated. Thanks.
    Last edited by Elfy; November 30th, 2013 at 09:43 AM.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: Linking my new account to my old one

The email associated with the ResumeMan account was not the gmail you used in Ubuntu One - hence the new forum account. The ResumeMan email is a mindspring one. I've disassociated this account from Ubuntu One. Set your preferred email in Ubuntu One as the mindspring one and log out and in again.

As soon as I have posted I'll edit out the gmail from your post to protect you from spammers. Forum admins will still be able to view it.

Please do not PM me about your forum account unless you have been asked to. The correct place to contact an admin about your account is here.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu Development Release

The email associated with this account was ...

I'm afraid you're memory is playing with you ...

The e-mail associated with the forum is a mindspring one.

We can deal with this via PM if you longer have access to it. I will need you to verify the whole address in that case.

Assuming that you do have access, do remember it now. Change login.ubuntu.com to the midspring address, logout and back in here. I've disassociated this one for the time being.

IF you come back before doing that you'll associate with this account and be able to post in thread - someone will disassoiciate it again.

Elfy

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

and two admins wake up at the same time

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Following PM I've moved e-mail addresses around, you should login to the old account when you come back.