Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Call of Duty??

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: Call of Duty??

I am running Dapper, but the Game was installed in Breezy or earlier. I noticed the 1st error is for sound.
    What sound card and vid card are you using?
    Also if you keep getting errors try checking you wine settings or even try a previos version of wine.
    Alabama LoCo

Don't just use Linux, Learn Linux please refer to Proper Documentation. http://wiki.ubuntu.com http://doc.gwos.org http://ubuntuguide.org

Beans

just installed on my laptop, you do need cedega to run it. if you're using cod1.5, you must use it, i remember about 10 months or so ago, i installed it, and it ran off of wine, thats not the case this time. let me install cedega, and i'll get back to you

Beans

sorry it took me so long to reply, was too busy looking at pictures of kate, katesplayground girl. hottie with a hoof, anyways, cod runs ok, at least the intro does, i get a black screen after it is done, i will figure it out... BTW im running Kubuntu6.06 and i did have to install cedega.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.06

using the loki installer and wine (not cedega) i have CoD running perfectly, easily as good as in windows. a couple of dsound errors here and there, but nothing drastic. i just ran the installer, mounted my iso images and ran it away. i'm using wine 0.9.20 and everything proceeded without a hitch. are youusing the latest wine?

Beans

don't know what version it is, got it from automatix 3 days ago. what copy of COD do you have, is it the recent one, the one with the 1.5 patch? are you using k or u BUNTU? what version?
    Last edited by dawg; September 8th, 2006 at 05:24 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

I'm running a fresh install of wine .9.20 and my COD says under the readme that it's version 1.4b, so should I look for a version 1.5 update?

I used the native installer since it works fine but I'll try the loki one next time.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

I tried installing the patch and it said I already had the lastest version, so I checked the readme file again and it does say 1.5b. So should I try uninstalling and installing with loki?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Quote Originally Posted by skirkpatrick View Post
    CoD2, on the other hand, doesn't work.
    do you know if their planning on releasing an installer for CoD2?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.06

I get punkbuster errors when i join MP servers. Any 1 get this working? 1st I had 'blocked O/S priv.' error but i got that fixed. not i get 'unknown windows API function' errors. i've tried google'n it but there's not much out there. COD SP works fine tho. But i hate having to dual boot to play COD MP.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu Breezy 5.10

I'd love to get Call of Duty 2 installed if possible. I'm going to try to get it running in Cedega CVS later this week. Hopefully I can get it going so I can dump Windows.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12