Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tenda Mini 11N (W311U)

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Tenda Mini 11N (W311U)

The Tenda tried logging into my wireless, but the same thing happened, resulting in it asking for my wireless encryption code again.
    Let's see what's going on under the hood. Please detach the ethernet, open a terminal and do:
    Code:
    lsmod > wifi.txt
    dmesg >> wifi.txt
    iwconfig >> wifi.txt
    cat /var/log/syslog | grep etwork | tail -n20 >> wifi.txt
    Connect the ethernet and get a connection. Find the file wifi.txt in your user directory and paste it here and give us the link. http://paste.ubuntu.com/

Have you considered updating from the ancient and creaky 10.04? We have made a lot of progress in 3 1/2 years!
    "Oh, Ubuntu, you are my favorite Linux-based operating system" --Dr. Sheldon Cooper, B.Sc., M.Sc., M.A., Ph.D., Sc.D.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Okay, I've left the Tenda plugged in... I've disconnected the ethernet wire, did the terminal copy/paste...
    And then I plugged the ethernet wire back in and did the terminal copy/paste again. Both times, I get this:

Code:
    rose@rose-desktop:~$ lsmod > wifi.txt
    rose@rose-desktop:~$ dmesg >> wifi.txt
    rose@rose-desktop:~$ iwconfig >> wifi.txt
    lo        no wireless extensions.

eth0      no wireless extensions.

rose@rose-desktop:~$ cat /var/log/syslog | grep etwork | tail -n20 >> wifi.txt
    I'm at the point where I'm just going to chuck this little thing in the trash. I have a Netgear N600 Dual Band
    on my gamer upstairs (she's NOT getting it). I think she's going to get the 50-foot CAT-5 ethernet wire instead.
    No drivers needed... Just a few of those little grommets that Comcast Cable uses to nail the cable to the wall.
    As for upgrading, I'm not going to. Ubuntu has lost my support until they make something that's decent, or...
    I'll just move on to XFCE or Mint or something. The developers/designers of Ubuntu have lost their minds when
    they did away with Gnome-2. It wasn't broken, why did they fix it? Until I learn XFCE/Mint, I'm going Windows-7.

Chili555 - You're a saint for trying to help me. The Ubuntu Forums are very lucky to have you with them and
    we all owe you a great deal of gratitude for all you do. Sincerely, you're fantastic. Thank you very much, sir.
    I actually DO have a real life....
    I just forgot the password to it.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Thank for your kind words.

I am sorry you didn't paste the results of the commands so we could analyze the problem...
    Find the file wifi.txt in your user directory and paste it here and give us the link. http://paste.ubuntu.com/
    I am quite confident that the device would work perfectly well in 12.04 LTS and I'm sorry you never tried it.
    "Oh, Ubuntu, you are my favorite Linux-based operating system" --Dr. Sheldon Cooper, B.Sc., M.Sc., M.A., Ph.D., Sc.D.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12