Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone else excited about some changes happening with FF?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Anyone else excited about some changes happening with FF?

I was watching the Linux Action Show last night and they where talking about the new edition of FF coming to the nightly builds, they did a demo on it and showed how it now renders faster then Chrome. This is not to start a flame war between Chrome and FF just seeing what some of you are excited about the new release and does anyone run the FF nightly builds?

https://blog.mozilla.org/ux/2013/11/...refox-nightly/
    We all know Linux is great... it does infinite loops in 5 seconds.
    - Linus Torvald

Beans

Re: Anyone else excited about some changes happening with FF?

I am now entrenched in the google ecosystem, so chrome will be it for me. Although I would like to see FF get faster, as I could use it as a backup browser.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Cool.

Go Firefox.

One Psychiatrist's Definition of Insanity:"Knowing what one should do and doing differently"

Beans

Mozilla has a great mission that is not shared by any other major browser vendor, I'm glad that firefox is keeping up and remaining relevant. I would like to see the flash issue get worked out, though it looks like shumway has some good momentum behind it.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu CE

I had given up on FF a few years ago and moved to Opera. Then I bought my MacBook Pro and almost exclusively used Safari. I'm extremely excited to hear about changes to FF that will make it faster and better. I can't wait to try it out!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

I'm all for Firefox to continue even if just based on their principal and from not being tied-in with any companies.

I do use Google products most of the time, and Chrome/Chromium has some advantages over Firefox but I want to see Firefox stay in and keep swinging. Not only does it push Chrome and other browsers to improve to compete, it is a poster-boy that FOSS can succeed.

I remember when Microsoft was stuck at IE6 and why? Because there was no competition.

Then Firefox came around and started eating IE's lunch. This was the first step of the "awakening of Microsoft" and proof of Microsoft's waning influence. Microsoft sat around and did nothing for too long, became complacent and did not innovate. Firefox was the first to make Microsoft aware of this.
    Friends don't let friends wear a red shirt on landing-party duty.
    DACS | Connecticut LoCo Team | My Blog
    Ubuntu User# : 17583, Linux User# : 477531

Beans
    Hidden!

I tried the latests nightly (also after watching the LAS) and it is looking good.

Come shoot the breeze with us on the Ubuntu Forums IRC channel - #ubuntuforums

Beans

Just throwing in my two cents. Firefox always seemed more bloated than Google Chrome, but it is catching up. I like some of the changes they have done with the UI and themes over the years. What I like about Firefox over Google Chrome is it seems more up-to-date (nightly builds) and better open development.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Been using it for a few days now and it's pretty quick.
    UsingTheTerminal

Smile today, cry tomorrow!
    ( Read this everyday )

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

I sure am, I am actually using it right now. I have added the daily ppa and switched over to using it full time. I love it, it's fast (renders pages much faster than stable version of FF), and I love the UI!

I is happy!
    Yeah I know pirated copy of XP is free, but so is Ubuntu and it's LEGAL!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast